Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astro a50 Ireland

Options
  • 03-12-2012 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭

WHere would be the best place to buy the Astro A50 headset in Ireland?

I've checked out Amazon & AstroGaming.co.uk, both dont include free shipping, and after conversion, both creep up to about €350. Has anyone seen them for sale anywhere else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Looked into it but couldn't find them anywhere. The Astros site was pretty much the best price I found.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

miralize wrote: »
    WHere would be the best place to buy the Astro A50 headset in Ireland?

I've checked out Amazon & AstroGaming.co.uk, both dont include free shipping, and after conversion, both creep up to about €350. Has anyone seen them for sale anywhere else?

Parcel hotel for free shipping :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

calex71 wrote: »
    Parcel hotel for free shipping :confused:

For people outside of Dublin, Parcel Motel is impractical...

Parcel Motel has places outside of Dublin, right?

I had no idea? Wow!

• Advertisement

I presume that's sarcasm. Just trying to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Could try here http://www.limexb360.co.uk/Astro_A50_p/astga50.htm .
    Reputable site but I don't know how much shipping is, it costs €306 before shipping is added.

I presume that's sarcasm. Just trying to help.

Geniunely wasnt mate, cheers! Just ordered them from AstroGaming!

Geniunely wasnt mate, cheers! Just ordered them from AstroGaming. Cheers!

Parcel Motel is such a great idea. Wish I'd come up with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Parcel Motel is such a great idea. Wish I'd come up with it.

Sure is , especially when you want free shipping from amazon etc, even after you use up the 3 free ones ..... if thats still on offer????? .... it's cheaper :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Kieran_1991

Stay away from www.limexb360.co.uk anyway... I recently bought a40s from them and I'm having lots of problems, after about 2 weeks of emailing back and fourth they finally decide its time from me to send back the headset to them. So now I'm going to be without a headset for the Christmas. If I was you I'd buy them from the astro website.

Yeah I got them from AstroGaming site, got them within 2 days including using ParcelMotel. Sound is excellent and support is quick for any help that I needed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Yeah I got them from AstroGaming site, got them within 2 days including using ParcelMotel. Sound is excellent and support is quick for any help that I needed

What was the total cost in euros delivered?

Are they honestly worth that kind of money? Have had a40s and they are an amazing headset but eat the aaa batteries lol

Sound is impressive I had the TB X11's and the Tritton AX180's beforehand but these are a step up. Good for shooters (blops2), havent had a chance to play many other games but the ones i have tried (fifa and ac3) are definitely an improvement. Its really great though that I can plug it into my computer at the same time and walk around the house listening to my music or stuff like that.

I'd like more control with the presets though, that should be coming soon with an update from astro. Batteries havent died on me yet, but I have sit through six hours of Blops without any need to plug it in. Astro say you can get 12 hours, but realistic reviews indicate you can get about 9-10

miralize what was total cost delivered from astro for this headset?

Oh yeah sorry. It was approx 320 euro

Oh yeah sorry. It was approx 320 euro
    what process did you use did they deliver to your home etc?

are they worth 320?? just an honest opinion would be great ie would you spend 320 on them again?

Advertisement