Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greyhound Bin Refunds

• 03-12-2012 6:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,649 ✭✭✭

We will be switching from Greyhound to Red Bin in January. At the moment we have €45 credit on our account. When asked in an email Greyhound are stating that no credit will be refunded as per their terms and conditions. Their T&Cs state the following:
    10.5 Any credit balance in the Customer’s account will be forfeit and will not be refunded in the event that the contract is terminated by the Customer within the 12 month period.

12. Termination of this contract by the Customer, for any reason, within the 12 month period, will result in administration charges and/or Bin recovery charges, in the sum of €45.00, being charged to the Customer. Termination of the contract must be done so by the account holder in writting, by post or email.

We haven't terminated our contract with Greyhound yet, we were waiting til January to get our refund, when the 12 month period was up. But Greyhound are blatantly ignoring their own T&Cs by not issuing refunds.

What can we do next?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭seb65

We will be switching from Greyhound to Red Bin in January. At the moment we have €45 credit on our account. When asked in an email Greyhound are stating that no credit will be refunded as per their terms and conditions. Their T&Cs state the following:

We haven't terminated our contract with Greyhound yet, we were waiting til January to get our refund, when the 12 month period was up. But Greyhound are blatantly ignoring their own T&Cs by not issuing refunds.

What can we do next?

Small Claims, or threat of. Or, contact your TD. That's why they are paid the big bucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭davebuck

Had the same problem with Greyhound moving house to an area where they had no service tried to get refund etc involved the local TD who's a minister no joy.I suggested they transfer the credit on my account to another family member's account they agreed.Might be the solution for yourselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭scholes

Have the exact same problem, i topped up with them just before i received the letter with the new charges which i am not happy with. Contacted local td send numerous emails and they just refuse to give me my credit back. Have got nowhere. I have signed up with another provider and so far so good. I am just glad to see the back of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭davebuck

scholes wrote: »
    Have the exact same problem, i topped up with them just before i received the letter with the new charges which i am not happy with. Contacted local td send numerous emails and they just refuse to give me my credit back. Have got nowhere. I have signed up with another provider and so far so good. I am just glad to see the back of them.

Don't let them keep your money for nothing transfer it to a family/friends account.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭chasm

Earlier today the NCA announced this :

""Greyhound agrees to change consumer contracts and make refunds
    Among the terms considered unfair by the NCA are that consumers must forfeit their credit balance and pay a €45 administration fee, if they cancel their contract with Greyhound within 12 months. If you were charged money in these circumstances, Greyhound has agreed to refund you.

Greyhound will communicate these changes to all of its consumers by 18 January 2013. If you have any questions about the changes or getting a refund, you should contact Greyhound directly."

http://www.nca.ie/index.jsp?p=100&n=101&a=968

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 TrueBlue1000

chasm wrote: »
    Earlier today the NCA announced this :

""Greyhound agrees to change consumer contracts and make refunds
    Among the terms considered unfair by the NCA are that consumers must forfeit their credit balance and pay a €45 administration fee, if they cancel their contract with Greyhound within 12 months. If you were charged money in these circumstances, Greyhound has agreed to refund you.

Greyhound will communicate these changes to all of its consumers by 18 January 2013. If you have any questions about the changes or getting a refund, you should contact Greyhound directly."

[url][/url]

Thanks, Chasm. Good to hear this.
    I took davebuck's advice a few days ago and they transferred my balance to a friend's account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭FTroydon

I am having awful trouble trying to get my refund from them. It has been going on for 12 weeks now with promises of cheques that have never arrived. They have now stopped replying to my emails. How can I take this further?

The amount is less than 20euro but it is the principle of it more than anything.

Advertisement