Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ikea Returns, Ripped Cardboard Box

Options
  • 03-12-2012 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

I bought a Babies cot in IKEA today and when I got home I realised I had picked up the wrong colour. Unfortunately I ripped the cardboard packaging when I was opening it. Once I realised it was the wring colour I didn't go any further.

There website states "You're free to change your mind. Return unused items in their original packaging within 90 days, together with your till receipt, for a full refund."

I am just wondering does anyone know as the box is ripped is it possible to exchange the cot for a different colour one?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

I have no idea

Try calling them

Dublin: 1890 987 938

Monday - Friday 9am - 8pm
    Saturday 9am - 6pm
    Sunday 10am - 5pm

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Capri86

I tried calling them and the helpline said they are experiencing waits up to 30 mins.

Illicit007 it sounds like your plan would work but maybe I'll try the honest route first :-P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I've handed back opened stuff before with no cartoons; no problem as long as you got all bits and the receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Capri86

Nody wrote: »
    I've handed back opened stuff before with no cartoons; no problem as long as you got all bits and the receipt.

Excellent. Thanks

Advertisement