Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WILD ESTIMATES

Options
  • 03-12-2012 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I got my first ever electric ireland bill online,

and the estimated usage was way over twice that of the actual usage for the period, so in essence I would be paying a bill well over twice what it should be.

I have modified the meter reading online. What will happen now?
    Will the direct debit amount be changed?

I am definitely not impressed -this coming after waiting 6 weeks for the starter pack.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi galwaybucko,

Adjusting the reading online should lead to a revised bill issuing, and this would in turn change the amount to be collected via direct debit. You would need to have submitted the new reading within 7 days of the bill issue date; to be on the safe side, I can check the account for you and make sure the overestimated bill has been adjusted. Just PM me your account details to our group inbox.

Have you only recently moved in to the property? In general, estimates are based on previous usage patterns, so if there is a regular turnover of tenants/occupants at a property, these patterns would then be subject to greater variability, which in turn may lead to inaccurate estimations. Recently built properties, or those with a newly installed meter, may also be subject to estimations out of kilter with actual usage. In such cases, more time will be needed to establish a reliable pattern.

Regards,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 galwaybucko

aye, adjusting seems to have worked, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

David,

How long does it take for the bill to be updated after entering the correct meter reading onto the website? Done mine last wednesday/ Thursday and nothing yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Bummer1234 wrote:
    How long does it take for the bill to be updated after entering the correct meter reading onto the website?

If an invoice is to generate at all, it should do so within 48hrs of you submitting your reading. However it depends where in the billing cycle you are (the average billing cycle is 61 days). For example, if a new bill is due to issue within 2 weeks, the reading won't trigger a new bill unless you submit the meter reading to ESB Networks (it would be too late at this stage to adjust the previous bill - more information here).

If you like we can have a look at the account if you PM your details to our group inbox.

Thanks,

David

Advertisement