If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From 2.1 to surround sound ?

Options
  • 03-12-2012 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭

hi,

I have the following :
    • JBL Studio L880 loudspeaker - floor standing speakers
    • JBL ES250PW/230 - subwoofer
    • NAD C720BEE Stereo Receiver
    • NAD C 525BEE CD Player
    • Sony BRAVIA KDL-55HX853 TV
    • PS3

I have been thinking of surround sound ( 1 center, 2 bookshelf speakers, 1 AV receiver) and I was recommended the following to finish my system off :
    • JBL ES20 or JBL ES30 bookshelf speakers
    • JBL ES25 center
    • Yamaha RXV673

Can you give me some feedback and pricing for the above add ons ? Would they match what I already have ? Is the Yamaha a good choice ?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

aindriu80 wrote: »
    hi,

I have the following :
    • JBL Studio L880 loudspeaker - floor standing speakers
    • JBL ES250PW/230 - subwoofer
    • NAD C720BEE Stereo Receiver
    • NAD C 525BEE CD Player
    • Sony BRAVIA KDL-55HX853 TV
    • PS3

I have been thinking of surround sound ( 1 center, 2 bookshelf speakers, 1 AV receiver) and I was recommended the following to finish my system off :
    • JBL ES20 or JBL ES30 bookshelf speakers
    • JBL ES25 center
    • Yamaha RXV673

Can you give me some feedback and pricing for the above add ons ? Would they match what I already have ? Is the Yamaha a good choice ?

Aindriu,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - unfortunately with the exceptions of Docks & the famous JBL Control Ones we don's stock JBL speakers and to be honest I'm not familiar with those models you specify - however we do stock the Yamaha RXV673 and I can highly recommend it as it really is a cracking piece of kit - we have it available from stock at £498 /€589.99.

If you wanted to have a look at our site at www.richersounds.com for speakers - I'll happily do you a Boardie price on any combo including the RXV673.

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Thanks for the reply.

Well the JBL speakers are to match existing JBL speakers. I don't want to get another brand as I think the sound might not match as well as a same brand.

Its a pity that you don't do JBL as I would like to get a discount.

Would you recommend anything else over the Yamaha 673 ?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.