Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glanmire buses to town...HELP!!

Options
  • 03-12-2012 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hey,just moved to Cork a few months ago. I work in Glanmire,and live in Blackrock. Just can't figure out the bus times from Glanmire/Riverstown to City Centre. Does anybody frequent these buses?? 221/245/246 between the times of 5pm and 7pm Monday-Friday??
    I am having major issues trying to make sense of the timetables. The timetables online are different to the ones in the bus station,which then is very different again to the real life time that the bus arrives at each stop.
    It has become evident to me that, even if you arrive at your stop early for the scheduled time of arrival of bus at this stop, you are still very likely to have missed the bus?? Like I understand buses can be late,that strangely enough doesn't bother me so much. But I find it annoying that a bus may be 20 minutes earlier than scheduled and won't wait at the stop in case people arrive 'on time' for said bus.
    Anyway,I am just confused....I really hope someone can shed some light on this...
    Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭TheMutations

The 221 is the most reliable, as the terminus is nearby. It leaves from either Knockraha or Hazelwood. For example the 16.45 leaving Knockraha will usually reach Glanmire at the advertised time, but to be on the safe side I try to get to my bus stop by 16.50. Knockraha is about four miles from Riverstown cross.

Hazelwood is in Glanmire so I try to get to a stop at the time it leaves the terminus as it will only take a few minutes to travel as far as Glanmire village.

The 246 terminates either in Sallybrook or Sarfields Court, so is also reliable. If you get to your stop when it is departing the terminus you should be in plenty of time.

The 245 terminates in either Fermoy or Mitchelstown and their is a lot of padding built into this timetable. If traffic is light this bus can often reach the Glanmire area well in advance of the advertised time. It can also be very late, depending on traffic.

Advertisement