Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Benchrest scope for a cz

• 03-12-2012 8:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭

So I joined a club and purchased a cz452 lux now just going through the process of getting the license. Just thought I would ask peoples opinions on a scope that would be good fit to the cz452. I will be doing benchrest shooting with it but I am currently very confused by what scope is best suited to benchrest so any advice is appreciated on this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Scalachi

Depends on the type and category of Benchrest (and what else you want to do with the gun)

To shoot in International Sporter class you can only shoot with a maximum of 6.5 power, and if you have a 6-18 power for example, the scope is supposed to be taped to 6.5 during the match.

To shoot LIght Varmint class, there is no restriction on power, so personally if I was shooting this I would try to get as much power as possible so maybe an 8-32, if using the gun for hunting as well, but if using it mainly for target shooting then something like a 10-40 or a fixed power like a Weaver T36.

To shoot Heavy Varmint, again there is no limit on scope magnification, but your CZ would be at a distinct disadvantage in this class due to its weight.

What you should also consider is getting a "yo dave" or "brooks" trigger kit, it really transforms the CZ.

So a low to high variable will let you shoot in IS and LV, but if shooting LV get as much power as possible IMHO

Regards

DB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭nastros

Thanks for the info its appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

I have a Weaver T-36 and a T-45 on two of my .22 rifles, not for serious stuff like you guys, though. They are optically VERY good and reasonable prices too. Mine came off GunBroker.com for around $300 each, IIRC.

tac

Just curious Tac, whats the T-45, is that a weaver as well?

I have had the T36, and intend to get a another one :) and love as much mag as possible, but have never heard of the T45.

Regards

DB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Actually, the T-45 is only a T-36 with a Davis Bulzeye magnifier on it - see the blurb -

'Gene Davis has a new product that boosts the magnification of Leupold, Sightron, and Weaver BR scopes. A threaded ring with a Zeiss lens simply screws on to your scope behind the eyepiece, using the threads provided for lens caps. (Consider it an eyepiece extension). Both 2X and 3X models are available. The 2X version increases image size about 15% while the 3X boosts the viewed image roughly 30%. Hence, on a 36X scope, Davis’ 3X booster creates the equivalent of a 46X power scope.'

Here's the website - http://www.bulzeyepro.com/

So I guess it's really a T-46.

tac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

how much is one of those trigger kits D, and where do ya get them?

Hi Homerhop,

Surely you don't need one ;)

Ebay - http://www.ebay.com/itm/CZ-452-455-and-BRNO-No-2-4-and-5-trigger-kit-/160800484012?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item257074aaac

Seller is former yodave - I have bought several kits from him.

Regards

DB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

Na, the friend bought a CZ and is getting into the target shooting but not competing yet. Its a stock I need :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭Cavan duck buster

Well lads, just wondering dose any body
    have the CZ 452 Pin Removal Fixtures
    http://cz452.com/springkit.html
    Are they any good

I was going to order 1 but the playpal system is down.
    Just wondering if anyone has it and dosent need it anymore
    I have cash waiting if anybody is willing to sell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,059 ✭✭✭clivej

Well lads, just wondering dose any body
    have the CZ 452 Pin Removal Fixtures
    http://cz452.com/springkit.html
    Are they any good

I was going to order 1 but the playpal system is down.
    Just wondering if anyone has it and dosent need it anymore
    I have cash waiting if anybody is willing to sell

Never needed one. I just use a nail to bang out the pin. One of those concrete nails. Just support the under-side of the trigger well.

And if your worried about snaping the trigger you can grind off very little of the pin head. Then use a little dab of epoxy glue on the pin head when putting it all back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

do not buy those yokes you wont need it just put something under the barrel to stop it leaning on the trigger as you knock the pins out!

I have put in those trigger kits maybe half a dozen times.

Hammer and a nail is your only man, or you could be posh and use a small punch :)

Regards

DB

Advertisement