Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drumcondra - Garda Station

Options
  • 03-12-2012 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

OK bit of a shot in the dark this one.

Lost my wallet in Drumcondra last night, when I rang to cancel my cards, I was told someone had been in contact already to cancel on my behalf and that they handed my wallet in "at the station". (I assume this means the Garda Station)

I have ordered replacement cards, but there a few items if they are still in the wallet, I'd like to get back.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to where it might have ended up?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

possibly be the gardai station on griffith avenue/junction of swords road

or if nearer the city end, could be either mountjoy station on the NCR

fitzgibbon street as well off mountjoy square but this is closed i think

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

As far as I know the one on Griffith Avenue is closed also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

Id ring up mountjoy station, tell them your details and they should be able to track it down for you as to where to go

Just thinking -could be chance it was handed into drumcondra train station if they have a lost and found?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Faker74 wrote: »
    OK bit of a shot in the dark this one.

Lost my wallet in Drumcondra last night, when I rang to cancel my cards, I was told someone had been in contact already to cancel on my behalf and that they handed my wallet in "at the station". (I assume this means the Garda Station)

I have ordered replacement cards, but there a few items if they are still in the wallet, I'd like to get back.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to where it might have ended up?

Cheers
    You could try Shanowen Road or Ballymun as they would probably be closest. (I think the one on Griffith Ave/Drumcondra Rd is now closed).

If they put it up on pulse the info should be available in any Garda Station. Did you have a contact number in it? I'd imagine if you had they would have given you a call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Depending on where it was in Drumcondra, it could be one of three stations. Store Street, Ballymun or Mountjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

MarkMc wrote: »
    Depending on where it was in Drumcondra, it could be one of three stations. Store Street, Ballymun or Mountjoy.

Your best bet is to pick one of these, I'd go with Mountjoy, and just ring them and ask. They'll very quickly tell you which station to contact if you're in the wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭Quandary

It might also be Clontarf station.

I live pretty much right beside Marino College on Griffith Avenue and about two years ago I had to call into my local Garda station. Naturally I thought it was the one on the corner of Griffith Ave and Drumcondra road but they told me my address was part of the Clontarf station jurisdiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

After a couple of days, all lost/found things are put into one station, best bet ring up one of the stations it may be in and they'll help you.

Advertisement