Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tear this design apart

Options
  • 03-12-2012 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

Its lacking seriously lacking, but at the moment my brains that fried from it i can't even think of what it needs so please help and tear this mo fo apart :)

231267.jpg

also ignore text content its just a filler for the moment. added a smaller image

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Link? Or is this just a mock up?

Also what's with the head shots? Are those the employees? If so I'd suggest something more professional looking.

Looks like a site for a boy band.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

KonFusion wrote: »
    Link? Or is this just a mock up?

Also what's with the head shots? Are those the employees? If so I'd suggest something more professional looking.

Looks like a site for a boy band.

No its a link to a website in a slider, the site is for graphic design/ web design / audio / video production

Is this for an actual business, or is this more of a generic portfolio site / college project?

I'd suggest a complete overhaul :pac:

Ok no more cruelty (you did say tear it apart though!).

Firstly, the line height is off on your #nav ul li a = Get rid of the " height: 60px; "

Is it supposed to be responsive?
    You've given your container a width of 100%, but then given the content fixed widths and positioning? The only thing that's responsive is the container.
    Google "mobile first".

So I'm going to give feedback based on the assumption that the site is not supposed to be responsive.

The Facbook thing/Footer: What's going on here? It's just thrown there with no styling whatsoever. Looks like a complete afterthought and looks completely out of place. Try and work it into your design.

For your slider: Get images that fit the slider (as in make all the slider images a consistent width and height.) The current one's look awful. That doesn't mean stretch/skew them out to fit though. Make them look as if they were actually designed to go in the slider, and not just an afterthought.

The logo: Not a fan of the font. It looks like something that was done in paint. It's also left aligned (with a margin of 2px). Give it a margin left of 5% or something. Also remove the margin-right. It's not doing anything?

Colour scheme: I'm actually a big fan of black/dark backgrounds, but you've got background-color:black? I'd recommend never using worded values. They have different interpretations from browser to browser. I'd also try something lighter than black. Maybe #111 or some such.

I'm not sure on the metallic blue. It conveys coldness, and it's a bit strong, 'smack in the face'.

Also the text is running flush against the youtube vids http://awesomescreenshot.com/045ogpj1b

A call-to-action on the home page wouldn't go amiss.

Think about what you want your user to do. How are you guiding them through the site?

What's the aim of the site?

On the home page you ask the user to "Contact Us for a Free Quote". Making these links would be a good step.

Or perhaps stick in a Contact Us for a Free Quote button below the lead paragraph.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the feedback going to go with it laid out more like thishttps://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/348279/231286.png

Thanks for the feedback going to go with it laid out more like thishttps://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/348279/231286.png

That's a bit cleaner.

Not sure about the rough scrap of paper bit :P

Maybe you can try and work the youtube vids into the footer with the facebook stuff.

Thanks for the help on this, was just stumped on what to put in

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Yurple

Maybe look at a wordpress or joomla themed website? I think it would work out a lot better than what you have now + its easier to edit for you. Just a thought! :)

Yurple wrote: »
    Maybe look at a wordpress or joomla themed website? I think it would work out a lot better than what you have now + its easier to edit for you. Just a thought! :)

I'd rather work from scratch only way to get better is to work at it :)

• Advertisement

CAN A MOD DELETE THIS THREAD PLEASE.

Advertisement