Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heading to Oz in the new year :)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Jbpc

jtmk3 wrote: »
    Hey man, yea I'm fairly well sorted with the flight, accommodation and all that stuff, but no luck with a job. I have booked a hostel n Perth for the first 2 weeks and hope to have a place to live (for a few months) by then, then full focus on job-hunting.
    Very handy having a place to crash, will save you a bucket load in rent. Any luck with jobs yourself?

No not yet, to be honest havent done much searching job wise yet

newuser89 wrote: »
    I am flying in to perth next thursday the 10th
    have a job lined up in the mines thanks to my brother
    starting the 17th of january

Fair play man, its good to hear theres so many in the same boat heading out there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Barnsleyfc

Heading straight to Perth myself in late January,just waiting on my visa to come through and then to book the flights.My mate is 99% getting me a job in a warehouse.Going to stay in a hostel for the first while to get to know people as my mate has to go home in March when his visa expires.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

im heading to sydney in 3 weeks ...
    on my first WHV , have a good few friends over there in the construction area of work so i already have a few options of what to do ... see when i get there i suppose !!
    would love to get a job in the mines after maybe a month or so , just goina get settled in first an see how things go after that !!! :)

Barnsleyfc wrote: »
    Heading straight to Perth myself in late January,just waiting on my visa to come through and then to book the flights.My mate is 99% getting me a job in a warehouse.Going to stay in a hostel for the first while to get to know people as my mate has to go home in March when his visa expires.

Thats great that you have a job set up before you go, me and my mate are thinking of looking for some regional work when we first go over. Want to get it done and dusted and out of the way but if that proves difficult we're hoping there'll be plenty other options....more than back home anyway :P

• Advertisement

NIALL D wrote: »
    im heading to sydney in 3 weeks ...
    on my first WHV , have a good few friends over there in the construction area of work so i already have a few options of what to do ... see when i get there i suppose !!
    would love to get a job in the mines after maybe a month or so , just goina get settled in first an see how things go after that !!! :)

Best of luck pal, hope it all goes well for you :) Heading over to Perth myself in about 4 weeks, cant wait now! Playing it by ear myself too, thinking of doing regional work first and as you say see how things go after that!

Advertisement