Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Palace Nightclub

Options
  • 03-12-2012 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Not sure if I'm in the right forum but hopefully somebody can give me some advice.

I was in the Palace Nightclub on Saturday night. I lost the ticket that I was given in order to get my jacket back at the end of the night. I realised this at about 2am and so went to the cloakroom to address the issue. It's not the first time I've done this on a night out however, ever since the first time it happened, I have always written down the ticket number on my phone just in case. In this case, I went to the cloakroom specifically at a time that it wasn't busy. I said to the girl that I had the number, just no ticket, I also told her I could describe the jacket. This woman was absolutely horrible to deal with. She was dismissive of me and treated me like dirt. She treated me as if I was a sloppy drunk shouting and abusing her when, in fact, I had bought 2 drinks in the place so wasn't at all drunk. She told me I'd have to wait until the end of the night or she'd call security so I quietly stood for about an hour while everybody else came to claim their jackets. During this time, a guy came up in the same situation as me. However, he was absolutely twisted. Trying to give her his credit card and passport in order to get his jacket back, he couldn't even stand. However, the cloakroom girl treated him like gold and had the complete opposite attitude that she did with me. After an hour, she came over to me and asked me to describe the jacket and when she went to look for it she couldn't find it. She came back and told me somebody must have picked up the ticket and claimed it. I asked what I could do and she said leave your details so I did. I went back today to double check and the jacket wasn't there.

My question is, what can I do in this situation? I understand that it's my fault for losing the ticket. I also understand that clubs have certain policies. My frustration not only lies with the way I was treated, but also the fact that I did everything right. I was polite, I wasn't abusive and I specifically went to the cloakroom early because I knew if it was busy there would be a slim chance of them looking for my jacket. I had the number written down and if the girl there hadn't been so rude and had just obliged, I probably would have got my coat and wouldn't have had to wait until 4am, which actually resulted in me having to stand in the freezing cold for half an hour to wait for a lift.

Once again, I understand where I went wrong, I just think the situation could have been handled a lot better on their end of things. Is it worth calling and asking to speak to a manager?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,010 ✭✭✭✭listermint

This same thing happened to me in the Plaza about 5 years back. 'jackets gone' was what i was told. It was a 170 Euro coat and i was less that impressed but i did nothing tbh. I suppose i should have taken it further still pisses me off till this day.

Im pretty adament the coat was nicked by staff but how do you prove it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

listermint wrote: »

Im pretty adament the coat was nicked by staff but how do you prove it...

That was my first thought as this girl was a nasty piece of work. But like you said, no way to prove it. I can't just walk in there throwing accusations around...unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Randy Anders

It's annoying when it happens alright but there's not much you can do about it now. Complain to a manager all you want but it was essentially your fault for losing the ticket

To stop it happening again, the best thing you can do is leave a second I.D in one of your coat pockets so if they ask you if you can prove it's yours, tell them to cross reference it with your Garda I.D or passport

And heres the best advice you'll get in this thread, stay the feck away from The Palace! It's genuinely one of the worst clubs in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

It's annoying when it happens alright but there's not much you can do about it now. Complain to a manager all you want but it was essentially your fault for losing the ticket

To stop it happening again, the best thing you can do is leave a second I.D in one of your coat pockets so if they ask you if you can prove it's yours, tell them to cross reference it with your Garda I.D or passport

And heres the best advice you'll get in this thread, stay the feck away from The Palace! It's genuinely one of the worst clubs in Dublin

Yeah see I thought that, it is my fault at the end of the day.

Oh I realised on Saturday. People doing coke in the bathrooms, **** music, expensive drinks and horrible crowd there. I won't be back any time soon.

Advertisement