Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bar work for summer 2013.

Options
  • 03-12-2012 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi all,
    Me and two other pals thinking of working abroad for the summer next year.
    I've seen a good few threads on this but lots are from a few years ago and i thought with the economic situation now that many places would be a lot different from say 3 years ago.

We will be heading out late May early June. I'll be 19 in July my other pal will be 19 going out if that makes any difference.
    Just wondering from anyone who has been.

What places would you recommend would be warm next to the coast and have good bar opportunities and paid enough so you could break even day to day.

Would i need to apply now or go out and try get a job there?

Whats the age to Work in bars around Europe?

Any other general advice from people would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks Shane

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 Craigie93

Hey,
    I'm planning on working in Magaluf this summer, was there last year for 2 weeks :) I asked my buddy who spent a few summers there working how to go about it,
    This is his reply -

Whats up bro,
    You basically go over and find work! Go over in early June as its easier to find work at that time as its early in the season. What i did was book a one way ticket and accomadation for a week in the hotel beside B.C.M ( think it was called Samos) and then spent that time looking for work. As said before if you go over in early June you should find work, its some laugh over there the first year i stayed until the end of august.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 shaneoreillyo

Craigie93 wrote: »
    Hey,
    I'm planning on working in Magaluf this summer, was there last year for 2 weeks :) I asked my buddy who spent a few summers there working how to go about it,
    This is his reply -

Whats up bro,
    You basically go over and find work! Go over in early June as its easier to find work at that time as its early in the season. What i did was book a one way ticket and accomadation for a week in the hotel beside B.C.M ( think it was called Samos) and then spent that time looking for work. As said before if you go over in early June you should find work, its some laugh over there the first year i stayed until the end of august.
    Thanks a lot man. I'd say ill just chance that and see what happens anyway and sure if nothing comes of it ill get some sun. Should be good Craic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

is it really that easy? might have a plan for myself this summer..

Advertisement