Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City centre xmas!

Options
  • 03-12-2012 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭

Anyone else notice the actual big green christmas tree is back in town by the spire, no more of that electronic looking one they had for a good few years previous :rolleyes: it never felt xmassy to me when seeing it!
    Just saw that they brought back the green one last week i think, put me in a great mood for xmas too, I dont even properly remember the last time they had it up, but it looks soooo much better imho!

:)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    Anyone else notice the actual big green christmas tree is back in town by the spire, no more of that electronic looking one they had for a good few years previous :rolleyes: it never felt xmassy to me when seeing it!
    Just saw that they brought back the green one last week i think, put me in a great mood for xmas too, I dont even properly remember the last time they had it up, but it looks soooo much better imho!

:)

I hated the glass tree.:(

The glass tree has been there since 2010.

DCC decided that it didnt look the part on O'Connell Street (too cold and clinical looking) so they have put back up a real one.

The glass tree is being moved up to Smithfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,197 ✭✭✭Justin10

Was there not something on the radio that they lost it??? I wasn't listening but sure I heard something like this :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Was there not something on the radio that they lost it??? I wasn't listening but sure I heard something like this :D

No it's been moved to Smithfield as posted above, it's being moved up there at the hope of generating more foot fall there this Christmas Season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

lockie1983 wrote: »
    No it's been moved to Smithfield as posted above, it's being moved up there at the hope of generating more foot fall there this Christmas Season.
    footfall? as in trying to get people to walk through smithfield :pac: more people being lured to getting robbed by junkeis :pac:

Advertisement