Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RDS exams

Options
  • 03-12-2012 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Are there places to study in the RDS?
    Some exams have 6 hour gaps in between them so I'm wondering if there will be places to study.

Also are the main hall and industries hall far apart ?

Some shuttle buses arrive 10 mins before my exams and others 1 hr and 10, would it be better to go for the latter ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

There used to be a place on the left as you walked towards the halls, no idea if it's open again.

The halls are beside each other, it's the same holding area for the 2 of them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

The usually have a space above the cafe there. I've never been in it so I can't say how big it is, compared to the larger space in Simmonscourt.. Might be tight on bigger days.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Fergus_Nash

Don't use the shuttle bus, or at least don't rely on it. Get the earlier bus if you can but for peace of mind, just get a Dublin Bus. You can either get one into Donnybrook and walk down Herbert Park and you'll get to the RDS. Or you can get it to the Dublin Bus depot I think and walk down that road. There will be hundreds of students going down there so you can just follow them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Don't use the shuttle bus, or at least don't rely on it. Get the earlier bus if you can but for peace of mind, just get a Dublin Bus. You can either get one into Donnybrook and walk down Herbert Park and you'll get to the RDS. Or you can get it to the Dublin Bus depot I think and walk down that road. There will be hundreds of students going down there so you can just follow them.

Its far closer to walk from the church / depot in Donnybrook.

Link: http://goo.gl/maps/B0tBf

Its actually not too bad a walk from UCD if it isn't raining and you have / want to pass the time. At most 30 mins at a decent pace, if even.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

ironclaw wrote: »
    Its far closer to walk from the church / depot in Donnybrook.

Link: http://goo.gl/maps/B0tBf

Its actually not too bad a walk from UCD if it isn't raining and you have / want to pass the time. At most 30 mins at a decent pace, if even.

Took me about 15 mins walk when it was in Simmonscourt so it'd not be much more than that to the main buildings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

There's a study room in the "main" building and both buildings are right beside each other (just go in two seperate doors). I don't know what the study area is like, as I never used it, but if your exams are 6 hours apart, you could always go to the local library in Ballsbridge (just before the bridge if you're coming from RDS - less than 5 minute walk from exam area) or go home if you don't live too far!!

Personally, I do my study at home and always like to arrive at exam centre very early, like with an hour + to spare, then I pace around very quickly outside in circles, chain smoking cigarettes, with uncontrollable shakes, reading over some pre-prepared "summary notes", then basically go into the toilets and sh*t myself 10 - 15 minutes before the exam (as do most people if you ever go in there just prior to an exam) and then come out and realise I remember nothing and go into the exam and blank and sit there sweating for 2 hours....if you want to try that.

Advertisement