Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sea fishing book recommendations please

Options
  • 03-12-2012 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭

Could anyone recommend me a good book on sea fishing, particularly shore fishing. Diagrams of rig and bait recommendations would be appreciated

MODS If this has been done please merge this with the olds thread or delete this one

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Would you consider the sea angling magazines? I found them very helpful when starting out. You'd get them in any newsagents for about €5 per monthly magazine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

Henry Gilbeys book mabye? I seen it in easons in Galway a week ago for around €20 but didnt buy it. Take a good read through this, it was all wrote by a fellow who did all his fishing on the Clare coast over a space of 3 years and he goes into great detail on the fish he got and the methods that he used. I was lucky enough to meet him a few times before he left and I learned a lot from him. He has caught everything from stingrays to tope off the Clare shore and the most of it was done in North Clare with a bit around the shannon estuary aswell. You couldnt ask for better info on the place really, there is a lot of reading in it though.

http://baitdigger.wordpress.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Thoroughly enjoyed Henrys TV show. He keeps everything so simple yet gets great results. Yes, well worth a look for the op.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭haybob

Thanks lads I will be ennis tomorrow (redzerologhlen will tell ye why) so i will have a look and if possible might get both

haybob wrote: »
    Thanks lads I will be ennis tomorrow (redzerologhlen will tell ye why) so i will have a look and if possible might get both
    Best of luck with them!!

• Advertisement

Best of luck with them!!

sorry ment thursday

haybob wrote: »
    sorry ment thursday

Was thinking as much, will have to offload a few ourselves soon with the sh1te of a year thats in it.

Lads what was the name of that book please

• Registered Users Posts: 4 baitdigger

Henry Gilbeys book mabye? I seen it in easons in Galway a week ago for around €20 but didnt buy it. Take a good read through this, it was all wrote by a fellow who did all his fishing on the Clare coast over a space of 3 years and he goes into great detail on the fish he got and the methods that he used. I was lucky enough to meet him a few times before he left and I learned a lot from him. He has caught everything from stingrays to tope off the Clare shore and the most of it was done in North Clare with a bit around the shannon estuary aswell. You couldnt ask for better info on the place really, there is a lot of reading in it though.

http://baitdigger.wordpress.com/

Thanks for that Red, glad I could help you out, I just wished I had a bit more time to spend with you before I left.
    I was in Clare for eight years but never learned to use a computer until about four years ago and never considered writing before I got injured. I only started the blog to kill time.
    I will be back home in the summer, hopefully for all of August but I have to work for a living now my leg is fixed and I dont know if I will be able to get more than a months holiday.
    I sold the Defender so no-one will be able to find me when I park up from now on.
    Even though I havent written anything in the blog for months it still gets a good amount of views most days and I quite often get emails about fishing Clare.
    I dont get out here very much at the moment but may do some piking this weekend.

Neil

Advertisement