Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good broadband? from UPC to other?

• 04-12-2012 1:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hey, at the momenent I am with UPC, but for past few months they have seriously pissed me off. I am paying for 50 mbps internet, yeah it's okay, it works usually but IF it goes down, it goes down for a good few days, and UPC isn't in quite a rush to send a technician too yet I live in City centre of Dublin (Gardiner street). Seriously, they keep saying the cable snapped/broke/someone disconnected it (yet it's under a lock in a room).
    I am with no internet since the last thursday. Very annoying, if I could say in few words what UPC are I would say: "an assholes".
    I don't think it's worth the money.
    /Rant over.

Anyway what is a good broadband to move to? To be decent price (up to 60 euro a month) and provide good down/up speed?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Eircom, more expensive, 8MB, lower download limit. Enjoy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

There is not one basically; UPC is the best connection you can get for it's speed vs. cost. Everything else is either DSL based (good luck if you get problems dealing with it esp. if you're not on Eircom) or Wireless. If anything I'd look at getting a PAYG dongle for 3 mobile internet to use if UPC goes down and settle with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭MagicBusDriver1

Smart telecom are good. 30 euro a month and fast and reliable.

Advertisement