Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ruger 10/22 scopes?

• 04-12-2012 4:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

well lads iv got a 10/22 and i cant seem to get my head around what scope would suit my needs for a certain price. im looking for a good scope that i can see bullet hole in my target at 100 yards but my budget is max at 300 euro iv had a lad try sell me a nikko Stirling 8-32x40 or 50 cat remember but theirs nothing on the scope to tell me its **** or good. anyway back to the problem good scope looking for 6-24 or 8x32 at 250- 300 euro? help would be sweet? thanks
    :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

noely34 wrote: »
    well lads iv got a 10/22 and i cant seem to get my head around what scope would suit my needs for a certain price. im looking for a good scope that i can see bullet hole in my target at 100 yards but my budget is max at 300 euro iv had a lad try sell me a nikko Stirling 8-32x40 or 50 cat remember but theirs nothing on the scope to tell me its **** or good. anyway back to the problem good scope looking for 6-24 or 8x32 at 250- 300 euro? help would be sweet? thanks

What are you shooting at ? Target or hinting. What distance or diciplin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,059 ✭✭✭clivej

noely34 wrote: »

I have a 10/22 and had a couple of CZ 452 .22.

I've had the Nikko Stirling 2 of the 8-32x60 and a 4-16x56 (think it was 56)
    Forget the Nikko Stirling I've had 3 and they are what they are but there's far better out there for much the same money. Once I took a look through a Bushnell scope I could see a big difference and so I changed over to all Bushnell scopes, I now have 5 of these for my rifles.

The one I had on my CZ .22 for bunny shooting was a fixed 10x40 3200 mildot. Great little scope that I could use for head shots out to 130y.

I have the Banner 6-18x50, @€;200 new, on my 10/22 for target shooting with a muli-plex reticle and it is the dogs nutts. Plenty of light transmission and a very clear view. But that reticle is not as good for distance shooting as a mildot reticle.

I would suggest that if you need to view bullet hits then get a spotting scope from Aldi when they are next in, only €20 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 noely34

sound lads im shooting target with it just having a bit of fun. i rang my man that i bought the gun off of and he is giving me a tasco 6-24x50 iv heard a lot of good things about them for the money so im opting for it. its just something so i can see were me bullet hitting and having fun with it like see how far i can hit the target before its impossible to know. and it would help a lot with bunny's as-well getting the head shots that's needed. im open to more suggestions on scopes lads so feel free to share im new to the sport and wouldn't mine getting as much info as possible about it and who knows the target shoot could turn into a big hobbie the more info the better thanks lads. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Scalachi

Now take this as advice....

but I dont believe I have ever seen a Gun Dealer competing in a competition.... but they may have a pile of Tasco scopes sitting on a shelf...

I have had 2 tasco scopes in the past.. one was I think a 6-24 and the other was 8-32 and both were useless and had very short lives.....

I found that once you turned the magnification up, the focus became hazy and IMHO they are a waste of money, Bushnell, Weaver, Hawke, would all be much better...

Regards

DB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭cw67irl

I found the same lad, I have a Bushnell Banner 6-18 x 50 and it is a cracker!! Great glass!

• Advertisement
Advertisement