Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any idea about speed traps in dublin?

Options
  • 04-12-2012 7:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi,Does anybody have idea where are the speed traps by GATSO VAN,Coz i was driving back from ashbourne to town and after crossing the finglas big roundabout when i was driving on finglas road i saw a white van under bridge and its back was just facing towards me.my speed was 70 and that area is 60km zone.now i want to know.was that van under the bridge GATSO VAN(Speed trape) or they normally not doing speed trap on M2 or finglas road area?

I am a taxi driver and i just want to know other speed traps location aswell.if any taxi driver know about that.i know two speed traps area's one is on merion road just after british embessy and also they keep checking speed on N11,SO guys any idea's about other speed traps so that i must b careful over speeding.

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

or you know..... just don't break the limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Lite sleepeR

Yes. It's a well known spot for speed checks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Yup, the wife got nabbed there 6 months back, expect a nice letter in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 bulty

or you know..... just don't break the limit.
    I didn't know about that spot & my speed was slightly higher then normal & I think they give chance to certain km's

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

bulty wrote: »
    I didn't know about that spot & my speed was slightly higher then normal & I think they give chance to certain km's
    It's a fairly well known spot.

Garda.ie will show where enforcement will be but they can set up outside your house if they wish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Anyone use that Trapster App ?

I use one here in NL Called Flitsmeister, bloody brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Luca Brasi

Anyone use that Trapster App ?

I use one here in NL Called Flitsmeister, bloody brilliant.

Hopefully a single vehicle crash will slow you down

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Luca Brasi wrote: »

I don't get you ?

Edit*
    You think safety cameras are something to do with safety and hence if you know where they are you'll crash into something ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

I don't get you ?

They're testing out their new state of the art high horse ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Luca Brasi wrote: »

by going an extra 10km/h.......your a funny guy.

I would be all for a raising of the speed limit by 10km/h nationaly, the limit is usually put there by people that don't even drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭spatchco

yep another spot for handy catch is opposite matt whelans on ballymun rd the van parks on the layby outside albert collage,and kbell thinks it takes 6 months for the envelope to come mine was 2 weeks at the most,

Advertisement