Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helicopters over Santry area

Options
  • 04-12-2012 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what's going on at the moment. There has been 2 helicopters flying and hovering around the Santry area since about 0730 and are still there now at almost 0800. They look like air corps choppers

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Not sure , but I know that there is a security alert on board a US aircraft in the airport. (Spillage of Dangerous goods)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭kirving

I think it's just the Air Corps doing training. They woke me up around 7 or so, and circled a few times around D16.

Either that, or they're providing cover for cash in transit from Sandyford to the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

was watching them fly over here in D 15. Could be the money run from Airport to the Mint? One Garda Helicopter sheparding the Army one, on their way to airport. Watch out for return journey in a while, low and slow.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

They woke me up at 7.30am in Finglas. Right over my house. Didnt get out of the bed to see if they were garda or military helicoptors.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭paddins

Saw them also. Looked like they were encircling airport. Was at least three of them at one stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Anyone hear the one right now in Santry? Right over my house atm. xD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

yeh, its deafening! You must live quite close by:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Hillary Clinton in town, so it's security for her and all the other visiting Foreign ministers

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭barry711

Just been circling around my area...again. I was out with the binoculars, Was two military choppers, followed by a Garda one.

Advertisement