Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any way to track or block my phone?

Options
  • 04-12-2012 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

At the weekend I lost my phone. It was a black iPhone 4 32GB. Left it down on a table and didnt notice until i was out the door. it was gone when i went back.

I didnt have find my phone or anything set up. Foolish i know. was on my todo list but just never happened.

Three mobile have not been helpful or friendly about the issue at all. Not expecting a new phone, but dont like them sniggering down the phone at my situation either ( actually happened!)

So, I have my phone serial number, thats it, no IMEI, just the serial number. Can i do anything with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    At the weekend I lost my phone. It was a black iPhone 4 32GB. Left it down on a table and didnt notice until i was out the door. it was gone when i went back.

I didnt have find my phone or anything set up. Foolish i know. was on my todo list but just never happened.

Three mobile have not been helpful or friendly about the issue at all. Not expecting a new phone, but dont like them sniggering down the phone at my situation either ( actually happened!)

So, I have my phone serial number, thats it, no IMEI, just the serial number. Can i do anything with this?

Of you not have phone box anymore or receipt? There's nothing they can do really without YOUR information.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

I may have the recipt still ( actually might have the box in storage). Il have a look. is the IMEI on the box/recipt?

I may have the recipt still ( actually might have the box in storage). Il have a look. is the IMEI on the box/recipt?

Its definitely on the box. The receipt thing depends where you got it, Some stores print it. Some don't

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

One more question. If i get the IMEI, have my phone blacklisted, and then its returned a few weeks from now. is it just a paper weight now or do i have recourse to have it removed from the blacklist?

One more question. If i get the IMEI, have my phone blacklisted, and then its returned a few weeks from now. is it just a paper weight now or do i have recourse to have it removed from the blacklist?

You can ring up three and get it removed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement