Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooking Classes?

Options
  • 04-12-2012 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hi All,

Can anyone recommend evening classes in Dublin.
    Christmas present - just a few classes. My GF is big in to cooking and is pretty good. Think she would like to do some classes to get more exposure to it.
    Any recommendations?? Preferably in South Dublin or City Centre.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭maryishairy

Oliver Dunne in Bon Appetit. He's out in Malahide (not your preferred location) but he's a great chef.

http://bonappetit.ie/index.php/masterclasses/

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Hannibal6.0

OP did you find anywhere more south side, currently looking for somewhere for a birthday present for next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Volvic12

Hey,

Yes I found a place that looks good. Dublin's Cookery School. It's located in Blackrock. I bought a voucher for my GF. She is going in the next few weeks to a course there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Cooks Academy on South William St are good too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Cooks Academy on South William St are good too

+1

I did the pasta workshop there and found it great.

• Advertisement

Booked the Cooks Academy in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Booked the Cooks Academy in the end

Which class did you book? I still have a voucher but a lot of the courses I'd like are either booked or clash with my holidays.

Booked the Italian workshop, heard good things online and from someone I know.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,432 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Anyone familiar with here? http://www.thekitcheninthecastle.com

I got a voucher for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sab99

Hi,
    can anyone pont me in the right direction for cookery classes/baking in Letterkenny

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Sab99 wrote: »
    Hi,
    can anyone pont me in the right direction for cookery classes/baking in Letterkenny

You're more likely to get an answer in the Donegal forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭sandy_c

I've done a few classes out here and found them excellent. Generally about 10/12 in a class and it's usually followed with a lunch of what you made and you get some to take home too! Lovely setting too!

We did the bread baking and cake making course, the chocolate course and the bbq and beer tasting course. The BBQ one was my fav i think!
    Anyone familiar with here? http://www.thekitcheninthecastle.com

I got a voucher for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

Sorry if this has been asked a million times before, but I'm looking to find somewhere that does basic cooking classes. I'm living alone and going to college so I want to learn the basic principals of cooking meats, fish etc and putting together some nice dishes, I'm sick to death living off porridge :D

Is there anywhere in Dublin that does affordable classes/course?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭wannabecraig

I guess you can start with this but it's kinda far out, might be worth the trip for 29€ though:
    https://www.livingsocial.com/deals/772478-italian-cooking-class

I've done two classes in the Cooks Academy with mixed results. First was a Tapas which was so bad I complained.
    However they did take my complaint seriously and I got a call from their MD. The gave me and the people I went with a free
    class. This was excellent. As I result I've booked again with them and would recommend for the beginner.

For more advance courses I'd probably look elsewhere.

Advertisement