Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gay friends

Options
  • 04-12-2012 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

Hey!!

Im 22 gay, fron Kerry but I seem to have trouble finding any other gay friends in Kerry!!

If any of ye are on this message below and tell us a bit about yourself and maby we could form a group here on boards!

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 56 ✭✭TheGolfer01

Hey!!

Im 22 gay, fron Kerry but I seem to have trouble finding any other gay friends in Kerry!!

If any of ye are on this message below and tell us a bit about yourself and maby we could form a group here on boards!
    Sorry Tommy no gays in Kerry, I'm afraid you'll have to go to Cork for that sort of thing. Best of luck in your gayquest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Sorry Tommy no gays in Kerry, I'm afraid you'll have to go to Cork for that sort of thing. Best of luck in your gayquest.

Hi Tommy,

Contrary to Golfer01's narrow minded assertion that this "sort of thing" does not exist in Kerry or indeed that there are no gays in Kerry, he is in fact mistaken. There is a social group called Ciarrai Amach that organises social outings and meetups as well as activities (hillwalking etc) which you may be interested in. They even have a chat forum like Boards.

You might also like to post in Boards LGBT forum where you might get more responses to your request from a more targeted audience.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

Im gay and I live in Kerry and I know another small few... So is that not enoigh proof for ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

ongarboy wrote: »

Hi Tommy,

Contrary to Golfer01's narrow minded assertion that this "sort of thing" does not exist in Kerry or indeed that there are no gays in Kerry, he is in fact mistaken. There is a social group called Ciarrai Amach that organises social outings and meetups as well as activities (hillwalking etc) which you may be interested in. They even have a chat forum like Boards.

You might also like to post in Boards LGBT forum where you might get more responses to your request from a more targeted audience.

Good luck!

Hey

Thanks for your reply :-)

Yeah I might give them a shout, especially now as there looking for volunteers as next year is the first year there is Kerry Gay Pride festival :-D

I said id post here in case someone from kerry does see this and deosnt know about the lgbt fourm section..

And also there seems to be some people like the above poster who thinks theres no gay in Kerry haha so theres no harm mentioning it on the Kerry thread as you would.never know it might actually get people thinking about gay guys in Kerry :-)

Thanks

Tommy :-D

• Site Banned Posts: 56 ✭✭TheGolfer01

Hey

Thanks for your reply :-)

Yeah I might give them a shout, especially now as there looking for volunteers as next year is the first year there is Kerry Gay Pride festival :-D

I said id post here in case someone from kerry does see this and deosnt know about the lgbt fourm section..

And also there seems to be some people like the above poster who thinks theres no gay in Kerry haha so theres no harm mentioning it on the Kerry thread as you would.never know we might actually recruit some unsuspecting individual to convert to our side

Thanks

Tommy :-D
    Fyp

• Advertisement

I live in Kerry and know a good few gay people. Not sure about whether they have some specific organisation or group that helps them meet other gay people in Kerry but will ask them. That Ciarrai Amach sounds like a good idea mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

Hi Tommy,

great idea and well done for posting here in the Kerry section.

And posts like the "edit" from TheGolfer01 will only make us more determined to speak out.

Yes, there are loads of gay people in Kerry. Trouble is we're a scattered community, all ages etc, and with attitudes like the one shown above it can be a bit daunting to be "the only gay in the village". Thankfully most people are a lot more enlightened.

Hope the idea takes off -- and thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Fyp

Is it dark in the closet?:confused:

:pac:

Advertisement