If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor MSW-10

Options
  • 04-12-2012 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, wondering if you have one of these that is open box or scuffed or anything? Looking for a decent 100w active sub but trying to keep the price to the very minimum. If I can't get one at a good price I'll probably hold off until January

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Hi guys, wondering if you have one of these that is open box or scuffed or anything? Looking for a decent 100w active sub but trying to keep the price to the very minimum. If I can't get one at a good price I'll probably hold off until January

Griff,

sorry about the delay getting back to you..

The Very best I can do on the MSW10 is £119.95 - and honestly thats a completely mad price for a really good quality sub...

If you wanted something a little less expensive I can discount the Cambridge Audio S80 down to £99.95 but honestly it's not nearly as good as the MSW10!

http://www.richersounds.com/product/subwoofers/cambridge-audio/s80/camb-s80-blk

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Hi John,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I'll be going ahead with this at this price as soon as I get paid in the next 2 weeks at some stage. Is it still available at this price?

Hi John,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I'll be going ahead with this at this price as soon as I get paid in the next 2 weeks at some stage. Is it still available at this price?
    Griff,

yep no problem - we have a few left - if you PM me your contact details we'll pop one into reserved for you to ensure yours is snuggled up waiting for its new home..

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Shakers

Hi,
    I would be intersted in taking-up this offer too - Is that a possibility?
    If so, what should I do next? (new to this...)
    Thanks,
    Shane

Shakers wrote: »
    Hi,
    I would be intersted in taking-up this offer too - Is that a possibility?
    If so, what should I do next? (new to this...)
    Thanks,
    Shane
    Shane,

apologies for the delay getting back to you,

just drop us a PM on Boards or an email to sales@richersounds.ie with brief order details and your contact details and we will get one of the guys in mail order to give you a shout to get the delivery sorted - nice and simple!

Thanks and again apologies for the delay getting back to you,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

PM sent

PM sent
    Griff,

Dave's on the case and will give you a shout before close of biz today 

Thx as ever,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks to Chris for putting this order through on Saturday. Got around to setting it up last night and thought it wasn't working until I realised that one of the dials at the back had to be turned up. I turned it up just as the bass in 'LFO' by LFO kicked in and my god, I've never heard anything like it. The walls and ceiling started shaking and the blinds on the window were rattling like crazy. I only had the volume at about 40% on the amp as well. I'll be addressing any forthcoming complaints from the neighbours to Richersounds Belfast :D

Thanks to Chris for putting this order through on Saturday. Got around to setting it up last night and thought it wasn't working until I realised that one of the dials at the back had to be turned up. I turned it up just as the bass in 'LFO' by LFO kicked in and my god, I've never heard anything like it. The walls and ceiling started shaking and the blinds on the window were rattling like crazy. I only had the volume at about 40% on the amp as well. I'll be addressing any forthcoming complaints from the neighbours to Richersounds Belfast
    'Told ya..

Great to hear it's creating a stir - Enjoy!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭colhickey

'Told ya..

Great to hear it's creating a stir - Enjoy!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,

Can you please tell me how much better this subwoofer is in comparison with the last one I bought from you: Monitor Audio VECTOR VW8?  Thanks.

C.

• Advertisement

colhickey wrote: »
    Hi John,

Can you please tell me how much better this subwoofer is in comparison with the last one I bought from you: Monitor Audio VECTOR VW8?  Thanks.

C.
    Its a larger unit overall so it does go a little deeper in bass response - its designed to work with a full range bookshelf speaker as opposed to the Vector which is primarily designed to work with a large satellite (but of course it will also function with larger speakers).

To sum up - yep its a better sub but if the rest of you package is alos Vectors - I'd stick with the VW8 as its ideally matched tonally and in terms of a smooth crossover,

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

JohnMc & Crew

Hi John,

C.
    Its a larger unit overall so it does go a little deeper in bass response - its designed to work with a full range bookshelf speaker as opposed to the Vector which is primarily designed to work with a large satellite (but of course it will also function with larger speakers).

To sum up - yep its a better sub but if the rest of you package is alos Vectors - I'd stick with the VW8 as its ideally matched tonally and in terms of a smooth crossover,

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

JohnMc & Crew

Hi John,

C.

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

JohnMc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.