Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fleetwood Mac announce the first leg of 2013 reunion world tour

Options
  • 04-12-2012 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Fleetwood Mac are back on the road next year with dates announced in the US. Missed the o2 gig a few years ago. Hope they announce a date for here soon!!

http://www.nme.com/news/fleetwood-mac/67531

Confirmed dates:
    Columbus Nationwide Arena (April 4)
    Philadelphia Wells Fargo Center (6)
    New York Madison Square Garden (8)
    Washington Verizon Center (9)
    Louisville KFC Yum! Center (11)
    Chicago United Center (13)
    Toronto The Air Canada Center (16)
    Boston TD Garden (18)
    Uncasville Mohegan Sun Arena (20)
    Ottawa Scotiabank Place (23)
    Newark Prudential Center (24)
    Pittsburgh CONSOL Energy center (26)
    St. Paul Xcel Center (28)
    Kansas City Sprint Center (30)
    Tulsa BOK Center (May 1)
    Little Rock Verizon Arena (3)
    Winnipeg MTS Centre (12)
    Saskatoon Credit Union Centre (14)
    Edmonton Rexall Place (15)
    Calgary Scotiabank Saddledome (17)
    Vancouver Rogers Arena (19)
    Tacoma Dome (20)
    San Jose HP Pavilion (22)
    Los Angeles Hollywood Bowl (25)
    Las Vegas MGM Grand Arena (26)
    Anaheim Honda Center (28)
    Phoenix US Airways Center (30)
    Denver Pepsi Center (June 1)
    Dallas American Airlines Center (4)
    Houston Toyota Center (5)
    Tampa Bay Times Forum (7)
    Fort Lauderdale BB&T Center (8)
    Atlanta Philips Arena (10)
    Detroit Joe Louis Arena (12)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Saw them in the O2 Dublin when they were here, worth seeing as they aint gonna be around forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

yep - if they come I think I'll have to go - was away last time, and I can't see them going on the road much more......

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

According to Nova , Nicks said they are doing the European festivals during the summer

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

According to Nova , Nicks said they are doing the European festivals during the summer

Bollocks to that. O2 please.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Fleetwood Mac have finally confirmed they’ll tour the world in 2013, staring with US dates in April.

The trek will be accompanied by a new album – but the band haven’t yet decided what they’ll play during the shows.

Singer Stevie Nicks tells Rolling Stone: “It’s the perfect time to go back out – 2013 is going to be the year of Fleetwood Mac.”

She adds: “We have two new songs that I cut with Lindsey Buckingham two weeks ago that we might play. We’re pretty proud of what we’ve done. We’re looking at it through the eyes of wisdom now, instead of through the eyes of jealousy, resentment and anger.”

Buckingham – who recently admitted he’d struggled in the past with balancing his Mac duties with his solo career – hopes the shows will consist of more material from the band’s Tusk era. But he admits he’ll have to discuss it with the rest of the band when they begin rehearsals in February.

“When you’ve gone through all your must-dos that’s 75% of your setlist,” he says. “I think with the other 25%, there are areas of our catalogue that are under-explored.

“I’d also like to see an extended middle portion of the show that’s just me and Stevie – this is just me talking from the top of my head.”

Nicks says Mac hope to perform at festivals across Europe during the summer. “Then we’ll actually tour Europe, which is different than just doing festivals,” she adds. “Then we might do 15 or so shows in Australia.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Delighted if they come back here, they'd be awesome at Slane!

Loved them at the o2 last time they were here so we'd definitely get tickets again! Good news!:)

Please use this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Mick Fleetwood just confirmed on Tony Fenton show on Today Fm that they will be playing here in September 2013. He couldn't remember the venue agreed though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Mick Fleetwood just confirmed on Tony Fenton show on Today Fm that they will be playing here in September 2013. He couldn't remember the venue agreed though!!

sept would hardly fit into EP ?? they said they wanted to do festivals

Maybe they could doing Bestival aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

I'm sure full details of this are being announced on Monday. I was listening to 4fm yesterday afternoon and there was an ad for the breakfast show and they said "Tune in on Monday- especially if you're a fleetwood mac fan, for the announcement of one of the biggest gigs of the year"

If they are having their own announcement on Monday, i don't think it'll be a festival gig.

lordgoat wrote: »
    If they are having their own announcement on Monday, i don't think it'll be a festival gig.

Well maybe it could be an announcement for EP?

Well maybe it could be an announcement for EP?

Didn't they say that EP will be announced at the end of Feb when tickets go on sale last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Hoping for a stand alone gig. Will see tomorrow I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Yeah I hope its not a festival gig. Would love to see them play the Aviva or the Royal Kilmainham. Both do gigs in September so are possible venues but maybe the Aviva might be pushing it size wise.

lc180 wrote: »
    Yeah I hope its not a festival gig. Would love to see them play the Aviva or the Royal Kilmainham. Both do gigs in September so are possible venues but maybe the Aviva might be pushing it size wise.

**** that, put them in the o2 please. Me no likey rain. And i want a comfy seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

**** that, put them in the o2 please. Me no likey rain. And i want a comfy seat.

Well you can get your comfy seat at a comfy price.;) They are playing the 02 on Sept 20th, on their official Facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Tickets on sale Friday, pre sale Wednesday for 02 customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,615 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Playing 02 on 20th of Sept 2013

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

I haven't been as excited for a gig in ages :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ms Nancy

I'm watching The Dance tonight in celebration of this announcement. Roll on September.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

We're so excited about this, hoping to nab tickets in the pre-sale on Wednesday, they were so good last time can't wait to see them again!

Now if Muse will just announce they're coming back this summer we'll be over the moon:D

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MrVoracious

To each their own but I can't see why people are so excited by this!? Theyre nowhere near as good as the Green era of Fleetwood Mac and as per usual mcd have priced it way too high :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

To each their own but I can't see why people are so excited by this!? Theyre nowhere near as good as the Green era of Fleetwood Mac and as per usual mcd have priced it way too high :(
    MCD don't set the final prices, bands do.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭EASYNEWS

Whats the chances of a second concert on Sat 21st of September ?

EASYNEWS wrote: »
    Whats the chances of a second concert on Sat 21st of September ?

Very likely a second date

Very few concerts are selling out these days and the price for a good seat at this will more than likely be approx 160eu. They are 137stg in the UK. I paid 126eu in 2009 and that was before the usual charges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

• Advertisement

Advertisement