Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fleetwood Mac announce the first leg of 2013 reunion world tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,150 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I just checked for tickets assuming some of the mid and upper range prices would be available but no luck

I'm really surprised at the demand. FM played dates in the Point/O2 in 2003 and again in 2009 or so and there was no problem getting tickets, as I remember it. Why the upsurge in popularity with no new material? (not that new material is what people are after). Is it that the quality and range of other gigs this year is crap?? Or more that they are weekend dates? The previous ones were Weds/Thurs

I think their back catalogue is good but in '09 I thought the voices were really showing the years. The production was really good but the gig was very straight laced, you could tell even the bit of chat between songs was orchestrated.

I hope those going do really enjoy it though, the setlist last time was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Dublinwon

I agree, while I love them and still not giving up finding tickets im kinda shocked how there is like zip available. There was absolutely no problem the last time they were in the point 02.
    Fair play to the Mac though, theyre doing amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Can't believe these "platinum ticket" prices, it is complete greed from ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I just checked for tickets assuming some of the mid and upper range prices would be available but no luck

I'm really surprised at the demand. FM played dates in the Point/O2 in 2003 and again in 2009 or so and there was no problem getting tickets, as I remember it. Why the upsurge in popularity with no new material? (not that new material is what people are after). Is it that the quality and range of other gigs this year is crap?? Or more that they are weekend dates? The previous ones were Weds/Thurs

I think their back catalogue is good but in '09 I thought the voices were really showing the years. The production was really good but the gig was very straight laced, you could tell even the bit of chat between songs was orchestrated.

I hope those going do really enjoy it though, the setlist last time was great.

One of the best gigs I've been to. Lindsey never took a break all night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Ticketmaster Platinum offers fans the best available tickets for an event direct from the artist. Platinum Tickets enable market-based pricing (adjusting prices according to supply and demand) for live event tickets. The goal is to give fans fair and safe access to the best tickets, while enabling artists and other people involved in staging live events to price tickets closer to their true value.

That's without a doubt the worst solution to tackling touting yet.

Charge €400 for tickets, then nobody will to buy them :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

That's without a doubt the worst solution to tackling touting yet.

Charge €400 for tickets, then nobody will to buy them :rolleyes:

"Don't buy off touts, buy off us for tout prices!"

Ticketmaster are baxtards and a lot of artists are money hungry whores who will go along with it because they get more cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Without Christine McVie present it's far from the show it could have been.
    I understand it's her own choice but the lineup is poor with only Nicks to sing the female vocals, she is desperate covering McVie songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sabbath bloody sabbath

I wouldn't consider a line-up consisting of Lindsey Buckingham, Stevie Nicks, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood poor. Christine's great and all but the rest of them have still been putting on incredible shows since her retirement in the late 90's. Lindsey Buckingham's guitar and the bands energy more than makes up for Christine's absence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Here's a little music video for your collection for you Fleetwood Mac music lovers. Enjoy. A great band indeed.

Also consider their ages now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,603 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Without Christine McVie present it's far from the show it could have been.
    I understand it's her own choice but the lineup is poor with only Nicks to sing the female vocals, she is desperate covering McVie songs.

Christine wasn't at 2003 or 2009 gigs either and both were excellent.
    Incidently,she played with John McVie and Mick Fleetwood on 90s tour-Tango In The Night tour????when both Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham had taken a break from the band.

I paid €126 for a seat right in front of stage(Row C) last time around(2009)-
    €60 standing in 2003.....cannot believe these sold out so quickly.
    Fantastic gig in '09-Buckingham was/is amazing .

I have no doubt I'll get a ticket closer to event,have no intentions of selling my soul to pay for one however.

Love this band -should be another great performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Aw gutted, I only heard about these gigs today. Is it just me or was there very little promotion?

I'd love a ticket but it seems like I won't get one now. Not at a reasonable price anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Rob2D wrote: »
    Aw gutted, I only heard about these gigs today. Is it just me or was there very little promotion?

I'd love a ticket but it seems like I won't get one now. Not at a reasonable price anyway!

I think it was just you TBH :p There was a good bit of publicity before hand. Almost positive there was national radio ads (and maybe also TV, although I'm not 100% on the TV ads)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

johnnykilo wrote: »

I think it was just you TBH :p There was a good bit of publicity before hand. Almost positive there was national radio ads (and maybe also TV, although I'm not 100% on the TV ads)

I knew about it but couldn't do the Friday was gonna see bout sorting that but tickets to Saturday show were defo not advertised they only put them up after Friday sold out not good when you're working nights and sound asleep at half 9 in the morn. Doubt there was TV ads don't watch much TV but when I have I haven't seen many ads for any gig lately maybe that's down to tickets been flogged to touts had a quick search to see about tickets in other countries first thing that came up was rag mag the mirror saying "tickets to Fleetwood Mac have sold out...but we have some" with a link to viagogo who their obvs in conjunction with selling tickets for double or triple the price, really annoyed prob be some show especially with talks of Christine coming back to the fold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

New song played at last nights gig.

Tickets arrived today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Tickets up for Friday on ticketmaster if anyone missed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭bewhiched

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Has everyone got their tickets for this? Still waiting on mine, bit close to the gig for my liking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I got mine ages ago. A couple of weeks after I ordered them. I'd give them a ring if I was you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Tickets are available on Ticketmaster for Friday night as of now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭furiousox

Last gig they played in 2013 was on July 6th (link to setlist below)
    Might give us an idea of what to expect.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/fleetwood-mac/2013/sleep-train-arena-sacramento-ca-5bd96798.html

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

This is gonna be asked a million timea but......

Doea anyone know stage timea yet?

The ticket says doors 6.30 and no support, I hear they do long setslists so def don't want to be late!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

lc180 wrote: »
    This is gonna be asked a million timea but......

Doea anyone know stage timea yet?

The ticket says doors 6.30 and no support, I hear they do long setslists so def don't want to be late!

A friend of mine checked and was told 8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Sandwell

Yes. The O2 have "8pm sharp" on their Facebook page. Anyone know if we can expect to see Christine McVie tomorrow night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Rumours say yes!

get it? Rumours...

:))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

LordSutch wrote: »
    Rumours say yes!

get it? Rumours...

:))

You've lost me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I hear that all five of them were at the Roger Waters gig in the Aviva last night (Christine McVie inc)!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭greenasgrass

Says here that she wont appear until London and is only rehearsing here...

http://metro.co.uk/2013/09/15/christine-mcvie-to-reunite-with-fleetwood-mac-for-london-concerts-4011846/

Advertisement