Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fleetwood Mac announce the first leg of 2013 reunion world tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Oohh if she's coming to rehearse over here is there any chance she might make an appearance? Can't wait for tonight have Rumours on now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Going to this tomorrow - how'd it go tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Going to this tomorrow - how'd it go tonight?

Excellent but no Mac 've shame

bewhiched wrote: »
    Excellent but no Mac 've shame

Buckingham was amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Looks like McVie's keeping herself for the London gigs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Buckingham was amazing

Id concur with that, absolutely brilliant he was, he is seriously good guitarist. They all were on form tonight. Just a brilliant gig that was well worth the momey. They seemed to be enjoying it also which was great. Stevie's story was funny.

And just to reiterate, im fairly certain everyone in the fromt row had a melted face from lyndsey' s solos. Amazing guitarist. Looking out for love is a highlight that I will look back on in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Buckingham was amazing
    I agree. Lyndsey Buckingham star of the show. Great gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

absolutely agree with the others - thought it was a brilliant gig tonight, they were all on great form and really were enjoying themselves up there, was right in front of Stevie for the night and just WOW - Buckingham is crazy in a good way and boy does he put a lot into it - personally I loved the set, heard some fools moaning outside because they didn't play the one song they knew (assuming that bit) would love to be going tonight again but I'm off the UK for another gig - those going tonight have a ball ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Curious, always wondered (since Vhristine McVie left in 98) do they leave out her songs from the set?

Little Lies, Songbird, Hold me, You make Lovin fun, etc . . .

christinefleetwood.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭furiousox

furiousox wrote: »
    Last gig they played in 2013 was on July 6th (link to setlist below)
    Might give us an idea of what to expect.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/fleetwood-mac/2013/sleep-train-arena-sacramento-ca-5bd96798.html

Well this indeed was the setlist they played last night.
    They came on at 8.15 and finished at 11.00
    I thought it was excellent overall, they didn't quite hit the same heights as the last O2 shows a couple of years back and I thought the show dipped in certain points but it is their first gig since July.
    Buckingham was just astonishing as always.
    I liked the way the big screens showed his finger picking during 'Big Love', it's beyond belief what he's doing! (Bass notes with his thumb, fingers doing lead and rhythm at the same time....while singing!)
    I thought Stevie's "story" rambled on a bit too long but hey, that's Stevie.
    McVie just got on with it as always, Fleetwood is nuts but its definitely Buckingham who makes the band.

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭QuadLeo

I'm gonna get battered here but I actually thought this gig wasn't up to scratch at all. I was expecting it to be much much better for a band of their standard. I thought it was good at times but the atmosphere just wasn't there. At least where I was sitting anyway. The sound wasn't great either which is very surprising for the 02 as every gig I've been to there sounded great. The vocals weren't nearly loud enough and I found it hard to hear the chat between the songs. And there was a lot of chat, rambling stories etc... Although the sound did improve towards the end. But in my opinion it should be sounding good within the first 5 minutes. No support band and all day to sound check...

I felt the crowd just weren't into it for a lot of the set, until they heard the tracks they knew and the place went mad. It's cool that they played new stuff and less well known tracks from Tusk etc... but it's also their job to keep people captivated and I don't think they pulled it off. Guitar solos were amazing as was the drum solo, not extremely technical stuff but these lads can play.

What annoyed me most was the numerous times they made excuses about being 'rusty' or out of practice as they haven't gigged in 2 months. That's just not good enough, I didn't pay €95 to see a gig they weren't prepared for.

I thought the staging/lights/visuals could've been better also. I get the minimalist thing their after and the screen behind them looked great but I think in today's market at €100 a seat you need to do better. Not necessarily bigger, but a better and more creative use of lighting and staging stuff.

That's my 2 cents

• Registered Users Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭furiousox

I wouldn't disagree with any of the points you've made there.
    I did wonder if sometimes a gig can be too long?
    There were 23 songs last night and there were definite moments of fatigue for band and audience.

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Does anyone know what time we can expect them on stage at? Not gonna be able to make it at half 6...

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭QuadLeo

They were on stage at around 8.15/8.20 last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I really enjoyed the show but Stevie's ramble went on a bit long. Kind of hoped they would play peacekeeper, but they didnt. Lynsey Buck - wow, what can you say? he blew us away. Add in the immortal "Chain" and they really got the place jumping.

I know they are going years, but Stevie Nicks really looked like she was struggling. I did a quick google and shes 65 now! Was a bit like Meatloaf earlier this year. You can see them slowing down.

Well worth going, but my idea to try to get a standing for tonite got canned.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭PippaChic

I really enjoyed the concert, their setlist was great included a bit of everything.
    I was very pleased when Stevie sang her solo 'Stand Back', I didn't expect that! However, did you see the length of her high heels? I don't know how she stood on those all night!

Overall, a good night and great value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Great gig I thought, knew Lindsay was good on the old guitar but seeing it that up close blew me away.

Throwing in the chain as the second song was surprising but they have enough good songs to keep you going the whole night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

PippaChic wrote: »
    However, did you see the length of her high heels? I don't know how she stood on those all night!

Overall, a good night and great value for money.

She didn't. She changed into lower shoes about 3/4's way through the show. You could see her slow down and her walking was laboured.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

niallo24 wrote: »
    Great gig I thought, knew Lindsay was good on the old guitar but seeing it that up close blew me away.

Throwing in the chain as the second song was surprising but they have enough good songs to keep you going the whole night.

Thought the fist half of the gig tonight was brill, but it slowed down in the second half a fair bit. Thought the chain should have been the closer not the opener,

Anyway Lindsey is a legend but the gig just made me dislike Stevie a little bit more... Still really enjoyed it though!

Did mac vie come on

• Advertisement

Shame was at Friday night gig really thought she would have appeared!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭scruffmonkey

Left during the last song tonight (i think) to get ahead of the hordes to the car park, she hadn't appeared by then

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

No Christine McVie. It was always said she was London only.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,318 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Amazing show,

Did anyone get the setlist from last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

I had a great time at the gig on Friday night!

Did anyone notice how they never really showed John McVie on the big screen! They literally showed him twice the entire show! I was standing on the LB side of the stage and other than his hat I bearly saw him all night.

Thought it was very strange...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Amazing show Saturday night, except for the drunk moron who was trying to offer Lindsey 50 euro to sign a rumours album

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

I'd a moron sitting behind me on the Friday night.
    Trying his best to get the crowd to sing "ole ole ole - we're all part of Lindsey's army"
    What a fool.

Amazing gig apart from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

frash wrote: »
    I'd a moron sitting behind me on the Friday night.
    Trying his best to get the crowd to sing "ole ole ole - we're all part of Lindsey's army.

Holy jesus....cringe.

Had to say I liked the crowd, really big mix of age groups, always find that makes a good gig.

But as you know theres alway one person out there to wreak your head, thankfully that person was nowhere near me this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭yogicolly

That idiot was a disgrace. I was standing about 2 people away from him at the very front, he ruined the ending of gig for a number of people around him. He pushed his way up the to the very front, clearly off his head and chewing the jaw off himself, spent the whole encore shouting up to Lindsay to sign his vinyl copy of rumours and offering him 50 euro to the point that Lindsay had to pass comment on him and tell him to chill. He should have been kicked out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

yogicolly wrote: »
    That idiot was a disgrace. I was standing about 2 people away from him at the very front, he ruined the ending of gig for a number of people around him. He pushed his way up the to the very front, clearly off his head and chewing the jaw off himself, spent the whole encore shouting up to Lindsay to sign his vinyl copy of rumours and offering him 50 euro to the point that Lindsay had to pass comment on him and tell him to chill. He should have been kicked out.

Yea I was at the front with my da and he barreled through us, the girl he was with was worse, basically spitting insults at people

Advertisement