Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No more Huggies nappies!

Options
  • 04-12-2012 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭

I just got an email from "Huggies Club".
    Unfortunately we have some sad news to share with you today. From spring 2013, Huggies® nappies will no longer be available in the UK and Ireland. However, you'll still be able to buy Huggies® nappies at local shops and supermarkets over the next couple of months – we will keep you updated on where you can still find them from January. If you have any questions, or would like more information, please visit the Huggies® Club website.

We are sorry if you are disappointed by this change, but we WILL still be selling our other great brands - Huggies® wipes to keep your little one fresh and clean, Little Swimmers® swim nappies, Pull-Ups® Potty Training pants and DryNites® pyjama pants and bedwetting mats. We'll also be sharing lots of news and information about these brands in 2013, so watch this space!

Buy up if you these are your nappy of choice. Hopefully we'll be nappy free by the time they go off the shelf :)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Aww, that kind of sucks.
    I wonder why?
    We use the pull ups and the nappies.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Knit wit

Just got an email to say they are pulling out of uk and irish market ... Not surprised as p@mpers seem to have the branded nappies market cornered. Very difficult to find any other type of nappy in the supermarket these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭maddragon

Sh1t happens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

So no more competition which will result in higher price Pampers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

huggies nappies were never great..the pull ups are though so disappointed theyll be disappearing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

huggies nappies were never great..the pull ups are though so disappointed theyll be disappearing

Got to disagree with you on this. The huggies super dry range are the best nappies on the market by a mile. I've tried the entire pampers range but no competition on terms of quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

Everyone is different. We found the Huggies ones to be awful and leaky for our kids.

Pampers baby dry on the other hand worked best for us.

I agree to a certain extent that competition may be reduced and that may affect price however I know so many people who swear by the aldi nappies.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 CrowWoman

That's a real shame -- Huggies are the only brand that don't leak overnight for us.

LittleMan is only four months so time to do a whole lot of stocking up!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

They say pull ups are staying on the market.

We found Huggies good. Especially in the bigger sizes where their numbering compared to Pampers would be bigger. Our two year old is in size 5 Huggies superdry and size 5 in Pampers wouldn't close on her. Its a big pity as there'll only be Pampers and shop brands available. Shop brands are fine but they are usually like matresses and not as comfortably shaped like Pampers or Huggies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

ezra_pound wrote: »

Got to disagree with you on this. The huggies super dry range are the best nappies on the market by a mile. I've tried the entire pampers range but no competition on terms of quality.

different nappies work for different bsbies. pampers super dry have never given us any problems...but huggies leaked every night and gave them both nappy rashes.

if i was running low on cash and needed nappies id get huggies but only if i was really desperate

Everyone is different. We found the Huggies ones to be awful and leaky for our kids.

Pampers baby dry on the other hand worked best for us.

I agree to a certain extent that competition may be reduced and that may affect price however I know so many people who swear by the aldi nappies.

I have to agree with you. I had three in nappies together and I found with each of the babies that the Huggies were leaky. I found the same with Lidl nappies and the orange Pampers that came out about 2 years ago (think they are called Simply Dry, nasty cheap-y things). I found for our babes, Pampers (apart from the orange ones!) were the only way to go. Same for wipes, I always found the Huggies ones a bit harsh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I find the Tesco nappies (in the green packet) to be exactly the same as Pampers.

January wrote: »
    I find the Tesco nappies (in the green packet) to be exactly the same as Pampers.

I used them when the smallies got a bit bigger, found them great. The tabs on them are very secure, so are able for rough and tumble and there is no wet through clothes in the mornings :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

I use aldi's nappies, never had a problem with them . Tesco's green branded nappies are good too but found lidls useless.

When my kids were younger we used the big name brands ie pampers/huggies but if a cheaper brand is just as effective why not save a few euro.

Advertisement