Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody running a frist aid course

Options
  • 04-12-2012 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I am looking for a certified first aid course in limerick around Jan or feb maybe, Pref a fetac course or REC 3 (Rescue Emergency Care) is what im looking for. Any body that can help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

Irish Red Cross run a Practical First Aid Class starting in January in Henry St. Any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Patch85

Needs to be an occupational at the very least but I would prefer one more advanced to be honest.

Patch85 wrote: »
    Needs to be an occupational at the very least but I would prefer one more advanced to be honest.

They run an OFA as well, not sure when it starts though. As far as I know with PHECC regulations you can't just jump start at a higher level, you have to start at the start (Either OFA or PFA) and work up, you can't just jump into a CFR or CFR-A just because you want a more advanced course. AFAIK

BroLo wrote: »
    They run an OFA as well, not sure when it starts though. As far as I know with PHECC regulations you can't just jump start at a higher level, you have to start at the start (Either OFA or PFA) and work up, you can't just jump into a CFR or CFR-A just because you want a more advanced course. AFAIK[/

Did you ever hear of the REC Rescue Emergency Care certificate course? Just could i do that course]

Patch85 wrote: »
    Did you ever hear of the REC Rescue Emergency Care certificate course? Just could i do that course]

I can't honestly say I've ever heard of that course.

I only know of PFA (Practical First Aid), OFA (Occupational First Aid), CFR (Cardiac First Responder), CFR-A (CFR Advanced), EFR (Emergency First Responder), EMT (Emergency Medical Technician), Paramedic and Advance Paramedic.

As far as I'm aware the courses from OFA on are the only PHECC approved courses.

After a quick search I see that REC are a different organisation based more on Life-Saving such as lifeguards, water safety etc. I don't know of any providers of this organisation's courses as I deal with PHECC courses which are based on Pre-Hospital first aid and care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 yadayadaya

Anyone know any REC2 courses available? I am searching all over the internet but finding it very difficult to find dates for the courses. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I found this guy i'm sure he is running a course near Limerick in January of Feb. I know he seems to run them all over the country
    http://first-response.ie/calendar/calendar.htm

Advertisement