Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions about banking charges.

Options
  • 04-12-2012 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

I am currently an AIB customer and have been all my life. Today I received my first ever bill for banking charges and I am quite shocked to say the least. €30 for 2 months worth of banking.

I am currently unemployed and there is no way in hell I can afford to be paying charges such as these.

What I want to know is whether Bank Of Ireland have similar charges for using ATM's, Debit Card transactions, electronic bill payments, phone and internet banking etc.

If not I will be switching ASAP.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi Hogzy,

Thanks for getting in touch. We do have personal current account transaction charges:
    There are two options available for customers.

a) Pay as you go: 28c for each transaction.

b) Flat fee option: €11.40 per quarter for 90 transactions. Transactions in excess of 90 costs 28c each.

You can find out more information on the features of our Personal Current Account here. If there's anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MaryButton

Hi, I am leaving my graduate account and entering the world of fees and bank charges for the first time. I have a current account and a joint current account with my husband. I am aware that bank charges are waved if €3,000 is kept in the account at all times. My query is if we keep €3,000 in our joint account will I still incur bank charges on transactions in my single current account? Husband single current account is with another bank. Your insight would be greatly appreciated

Hi MaryButton,

Thanks for your query. To avoid transaction fees on your sole current account, you would need to maintain a minimum balance of €3,000 in it also.

If there's anything else we can help you with, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MaryButton

Thanks a million Graham, was thinking that would be the case!

You're welcome MaryButton.

Let us know if you've any other questions.

Thanks,
    Graham

• Advertisement
Advertisement