Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Olympiakos vs Arsenal. 19:45 (Live on ITV1 and TV3)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,445 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Chamberlain ain't going to make it lads. He was promising when he began with us but he's very poor all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

If Gervinho never wore an Arsenal jersey again I wouldn't be disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Chamberlain ain't going to make it lads. He was promising when he began with us but he's very poor all season.

Ah come on it's a bit early to completely write off a 19 year old player based on what 10 games when the whole team is playing bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Jesus Christ are you seriously writing him off? He's not playing well at the moment but way too early to make a judgement.
    Gervinho is driving me up the wall though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Jesus, give the lad a chance. He's gonna be a megastar.

Ah come on it's a bit early to completely write off a 19 year old player based on what 10 games when the whole team is playing bad.

I have a good eye. I'm a long time watching football.

Knew I shouldn't have put it on :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

was no corner before that goal...it hit the post with no touch from the keeper.....very poor marking though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Was just thinking the same, he has been awful the most part of the season. Although its a bit harsh to write him off so early. How do yous think young Meade has done so far lads???

Balls they just scored :-(

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Have a bad feeling the floodgates might be open now....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,585 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Teehee

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Decent atmosphere at the game. World of difference compared to the emirates/OT/anfield etc

no its not. i went to the monpellier vs arsenal game a few weeks ago ateh the atmosphere was similar to this

Oh well if you say so then.

Jenkinson is asleep now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Can we please put someone else up front with Chamakh besides Gervinho? Chamakh has won every header in the second half that has been played up to him, but no one is playing off him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Back to normal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Great goal to be fair

BACK TO SQUARE ****ING ONE. SHOCKING. DID NOT TURN UP SECOND HALF.

****ING JOKE THIS TEAM IS ****SAKES

Little Meade has been very steady in fairness.
    Time for a few changes.

• Advertisement

BACK TO SQUARE ****ING ONE. SHOCKING. DID NOT TURN UP SECOND HALF.

****ING JOKE THIS TEAM IS ****SAKES

Ah now. Second string team. FFS Gervinho and Arshavin are now on the pitch together. What did you expect to happen?

Mental strenght me bollocks!!!

Thinking about it lads, I reckon most clubs will want us in the last 16 draw as were one of the weakest teams left in the Champions Lge.

Te night is bad enough without having to listen to lou Macari. He's in full drone mode now

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Mental strenght me bollocks!!!

Thinking about it lads, I reckon most clubs will want us in the last 16 draw as were one of the weakest teams left in the Champions Lge.

Need to be some major changes if we're going to be competitive when the CL kicks off again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭DenMan

Shockingly bad stuff tonight! Awful!!!

A very strange substitution there.

Gervinho < Chamakh

Yet Chamakh is the outcast.

Looking at it earlier much of a muchness finishing first or second with the teams in each pot.

greendom wrote: »
    Need to be some major changes if we're going to be competitive when the CL kicks off again

Yea start from the manager lol

Baffling!

• Advertisement

Yea start from the manager lol

Nothing really at stake tonight.
    Saturday is very important though.

Trying to get a kid on to help with the excuses....... This game was about looking at the future blah blah blah

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Its a good thing this team has such incredible mental strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Rosicky was the man keeping things ticking over in the first half, haven't looked any good since he went off. Some decent performances tonight though. Chamakh deserves at least a bench place.

Gervinho < Chamakh

Yet Chamakh is the outcast.

Chamakh seems to be the only one out there still giving a f*ck. Still chasing, still screaming for the ball. But when you are relying on Arshavin and Gervinho for service, what else do you expect?

Nothing really at stake tonight.
    Saturday is very important though.

That is why u would be a poor manager and i be betetr because i would still demand teh very best out of this team for this match

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ugsparky

I honestly believe that it doesn't really matter whether we finish first or second. as it stands:

If we finish 2nd = Porto, Malaga, Dortmund, Bayern, Shakhtar or Barcelona.

If we finish 1st = PSG, AC Milan, Real Madrid, Juventus, Valencia, Benfica or Galatasaray

Quite true but is there any pride in the jersey and the badge on the front of it ?
    Gervinho is disgusting ... not fit to wear our jersey. I'm starting to question Arsene now ... SAF would not allow this poser to wear the clubs jersey. If we don't sell him, Squillachi, Chamahk and Arshavin in January then just pay them their contract and tell them to fcuk off. This is an insult to the fans ... why did we not give Eisfeld and Gnarby a chance ... only bright spot was Rosicky and perhaps Vermaelen and Meade.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Gervinho is doing his best to make the shortlist of Wengers worst ever signings.

That is why u would be a poor manager and i be betetr because i would still demand teh very best out of this team for this match

So you would prefer to exhaust the team in a nothing match, rather than at least being competitive at the weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

You can't even spell "you". How would you fill out the team sheet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Yeah you really remind me of a young Harry Redknapp.... it's the spelling that does it.

We might have even more first team players out injured you're way though.
    I'd rather win on Saturday than tonight but the two would have been nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I actually had to rewind that there to see just how inept Gervinho was. He handled with both arms. F*ck off Gervinho.

ugsparky wrote: »
    Quite true but is there any pride in the jersey and the badge on the front of it ?
    Gervinho is disgusting ... not fit to wear our jersey. I'm starting to question Arsene now ... SAF would not allow this poser to wear the clubs jersey. If we don't sell him, Squillachi, Chamahk and Arshavin in January then just pay them their contract and tell them to fcuk off. This is an insult to the fans ... why did we not give Eisfeld and Gnarby a chance ... only bright spot was Rosicky and perhaps Vermaelen and Meade.

Everyone can see that the 1st team needs a rest and fringe players need a chance to play so no better time to mix things up.

Going away to the Greek champions with that kind of squad I don't really know why people are getting so upset that we are losing.

He's obviously going to hold on to Gervinho but the others you mentioned will be gone soon.

Eidfeld wasn't able to be registered for the CL. Gnabry is injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Well one thing we learnt tonight is that Jernade Meade is a better left back at the age of 20 than Andre Santos is at 29.

• Advertisement

I thought Jenkinson had a very poor second half. Meade on the other side looked far more composed. Verm was good and Squillachi was just o.k. a bit rusty I suppose. Ramsey was poor again. Coq and Chamberlain were average. Chamack had a better second half. Gervinho and Arshavin ....... i give up.

I thought Jenkinson had a very poor second half. Meade on the other side looked far more composed. Verm was good and Squillachi was just o.k. a bit rusty I suppose. Ramsey was poor again. Coq and Chamberlain were average. Chamack had a better second half. Gervinho and Arshavin ....... i give up.
    Vermaelan cannot defend to save his life he is just every bit as bad as squillachi. Mertesacker is our best defender alongside Koscielny

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Vermaelan cannot defend to save his life he is just every bit as bad as squillachi. Mertesacker is our best defender alongside Koscielny

Serious amounts of exaggerating here tonight!

Serious amounts of exaggerating here tonight!
    Did you see him running out for there second goal not even looking whats behind him, centre halfs well decent ones that now how to defend would be last out ushering everybody else up so if we do get caught with a ball over the top they can deal with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

I'm not upset at the result. It was inevitable with such a weak team and they performed as expected. The match just confirmed that we need to ship out a lot of muck...Chamakh is a complete joke.

• Advertisement
Advertisement