Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

installing sky eye

• 04-12-2012 12:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

hi guys just bought a tv link for watching sky in different roomms of the house. was wondering do i have to buy a seperate coaxial cable to run into the bedroom or can i use the existing outlets that are in each room??? please see attached pics, thanks a mill for any help guys, i'm a complete noob here :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

hi guys just bought a tv link for watching sky in different roomms of the house. was wondering do i have to buy a seperate coaxial cable to run into the bedroom or can i use the existing outlets that are in each room??? please see attached pics, thanks a mill for any help guys, i'm a complete noob here :pac:

In theory I guess you could run the cable from the SKY eye to your tv/UPC box at the side of the house that feeds that outlet in your room (NEAT and tidy)
    BUT AFAIK the cable should be one continuous cable direct from the sky box to the sky eye. The quality may be affected if your using a joiner/splitter.
    Interesting to see what others here reckon. Im no expert thou so more people will be on to give the yay or nay :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Yea, they need a straight run of cable with no joins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭harry21

They don't need a striaght run of cable per se, but most of the boxes discontinue the 9v power supply.

To get around this, I soldered mine to continue the power through the socket and into any cable that you plug into the socket.

If you don't the signal will be poor, and you wont be able to change the channel.

Advertisement