Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HOw do you wash your face?

• 04-12-2012 1:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am just wondering do you rub iin your cleanser with your hands and splash water at your face to wash it off, or do you use a clarisonic, muslin cloth or face cloth. If useing a cloth how do you care fore the cloth?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

molly09 wrote: »
    Hi

I am just wondering do you rub iin your cleanser with your hands and splash water at your face to wash it off, or do you use a clarisonic, muslim cloth or face cloth. If useing a cloth how do you care fore the cloth?

I use a foaming wash with witch hazel and a facecloth. Rinse it out well after each use and hang over the towel rack to dry thoroughly. Use it about three days in a row, then just chuck it in the washing machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

I use Liz Earle cleansing hot cloth... wet face, apply cleansing wash, rub around for a bit, then dampen the cloth in hot-ish water and cleanse face with it.

Use it for about 3 days and wash the cloth with my white towels. Face cloth can be a bit harsh on the skin sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I just use water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

About 6 months ago started using virgin olive oil and rinsing off with warm water and facecloth.had tendency towards spots and also flaky patches but this has worked brilliantly-skin feels so much softer and rarely get a spot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

Cotton wool and Anne French. Occasionally use apricot scrub in the shower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Morning:
    Foaming face wash in the shower (no cloth, just use my hands)

Evening:
    Take make up off with Ponds Cold Cream and cotton pads (soaked in as hot water as I can stand).
    Wash face with either foaming wash or exfoliating wash (rub around for a minute or two with my hands and rinse off with hot water).

I have dry, but quite bad, skin so have to use moisturister and a "spot control" cream after I wash my face. I don't use clothes because I feel the need to wash them after each time I use them so it's more of a pain in the bum than it's worth. Would like to get a Clarisonic or something similar as I have heard they are really good but they are pretty pricey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

In the morning I use just muslin cloth soaked in water - just to freshen myself more than anything. I'm trying to use up a cream cleanser that I'm not overly fond of so occasionally I'll use that on a cotton pad.
    Evening- I use some kind of foaming cleanser for oily combo skin, rub it in well for bout a min with fingers then lightly buff off with muslin again.
    I got a pack of 6 Muslins in tesco and cut about 3 of them up into smaller cloths so I have one per day, can just throw them in wash after the days use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

I use a Cetaphil cleanser with my Clarisonic, followed by a moisturizer from Cetaphil (sometimes I mix it up and use one from Lush or a sample I get in stores). I do this both morning and night. If I have heavy eye makeup on I will take it off with a Neutrogena eye makeup remover and cotton balls.

I only recently bought my Clarisonic. I've been putting it off for a year due to the price but I had a voucher and decided to bite the bullet. I love it. I had read that sometimes the skin can react badly and break out, but mine never did.

Once in awhile I will do a face mask I buy in the drugstore.. And will also use those Biore blackhead removing strips for my chin and nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭desolate sun

In the morning I use Dermalogica's Ultracalming Cleanser in the shower. I use a facecloth to remove it - really helps with exfoliating too.

I use Dermalogica's 2 step cleansing at night. I use Precleanse first to get rid of make up and then use Ultracalming Cleanser to wash my face. I massage it into my face and wash off with a facecloth.

I used to think using 2 cleansers was very gimmicky but it actually makes sense to use something to get rid of make up first. I also tried the olive oil/castor oil method in place of Precleanse, but I never found it as good.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

In the shower (morning and evening) usually just with an Olay foaming wash but once or twice a week I'll also use either an apricot scrub or just an Olay scrub..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I use Earth science a-d-e cleanser that I buy from iherb, I rub it on to dry skin and then I run a baby wipe under some warm water and rinse it off with that, my skin has never looked better.

I've tried all sorts of things over the years, a Shiseido face cleansing brush, Liz Earle cleanser with muslin cloth, Jane Iredales magic mitt, cotton wool with all sorts of cleansers but I find the above combo works the best for me and is so gentle.

Once a week I also use Dove exfoliating soap which I put on a flannel sponge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Small amount of soap and lots of cold water, Pat down the face with towel, Rub some baby oil or body lotion on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Rub on Lush Ultrabland cleanser, washed off with cotton wool soaked in warm water, then spritz on Lush Eau Roma Toner Water and wipe off gently with dry cotton wool. Finish off with Lush Dream Cream moisturiser :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

I tie a plastic ice pack around my face and commence with the morning's stretching exercises. Afterwards I stand in front of a chrome and acrylic Washmobile bathroom sink - with soap dish, cup holder, and railings that serve as towel bars, which I bought at Hastings Tile to use while the marble sinks I ordered from Finland are being sanded - and stare at my reflection with the ice pack still on. I pour some Plax antiplaque formula into a stainless-steel tumbler and swish it around my mouth for thirty seconds.

Then I squeeze Rembrandt onto a faux- tortoiseshell toothbrush and start brushing my teeth (too hung over to floss properly - but maybe I flossed before bed last night?) and rinse with Listerine. Then I inspect my hands and use a nailbrush. I take the ice-pack mask off and use a deep-pore cleanser lotion, then an herb-mint facial masque which I leave on for ten minutes while I check my toenails. Then I use the Probright tooth polisher and next the Interplak tooth polisher (this in addition to the toothbrush) which has a speed of 4200 rpm and reverses direction forty-six times per second; the larger tufts clean between teeth and massage the gums while the short ones scrub the tooth surfaces. I rinse again, with Cepacol. I wash the facial massage off with a spearmint face scrub.
    The shower has a universal all-directional shower head that adjusts within a thirty-inch vertical range. It's made from Australian gold-black brass and covered with a white enamel finish. In the shower I use first a water-activated gel cleanser, then a honey-almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Vidal Sassoon shampoo is especially good at getting rid of the coating of dried perspiration, salts, oils, airborne pollutants and dirt that can weigh down hair and flatten it to the scalp which can make you look older. The conditioner is also good - silicone technology permits conditioning benefits without weighing down the hair which can also make you look older.

On weekends or before a date I prefer to use the Greune Natural Revitalizing Shampoo, the conditioner and the Nutrient Complex. These are formulas that contain D-panthenol, a vitamin-B-complex factor; polysorbate 80, a cleansing agent for the scalp; and natural herbs. Over the weekend I plan to go to Bloomingdale's or Bergdorf's and on Evelyn's advice pick up a Foltene European Supplement and Shampoo for thinning hair which contains complex carbohydrates that penetrate the hair shafts for improved strength and shine. Also the Vivagen Hair Enrichment Treatment, a new Redken product that prevents mineral deposits and prolongs the life cycle of hair. Luis Carruthers recommended the Aramis Nutriplexx system, a nutrient complex that helps increase circulation.

Once out of the shower and toweled dry I put the Ralph Lauren boxers back on and before applying the Mousse A Raiser, a shaving cream by Pour Hommes, I press a hot towel against my face for two minutes to soften abrasive beard hair. Then I always slather on a moisturizer (to my taste, Clinique) and let it soak in for a minute. You can rinse it off or keep it on and apply a shaving cream over it - preferably with a brush, which softens the beard as it lifts the whiskers - which I've found makes removing the hair easier. It also helps prevent water from evaporating and reduces friction between your skin and the blade. Always wet the razor with warm water before shaving and shave in the direction the beard grows, pressing gently on the skin. Leave the sideburns and chin for last, since these whiskers are tougher and need more time to soften. Rinse the razor and shake off any excess water before starting. Afterwards splash cool water on the face to remove any trace of lather. You should use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol. Never use cologne on your face, since the high alcohol content dries your face out and makes you look older. One should use an alcohol-free antibacterial toner with a water-moistened cotton ball to normalize the skin.

Applying a moisturizer is the final step. Splash on water before applying an emollient lotion to soften the skin and seal in the moisture. Next apply Gel Appaisant, also made by Pour Hommes, which is an excellent, soothing skin lotion. If the face seems dry and flaky - which makes it look dull and older - use a clarifying lotion that removes flakes and uncovers fine skin (it can also make your tan look darker). Then apply an anti-aging eye balm (Baume Des Yeux) followed by a final moisturizing "protective" lotion. A scalp-programming lotion is used after I towel my hair dry. I also lightly blow-dry the hair to give it body and control (but without stickiness) and then add more of the lotion, shaping it with a Kent natural- bristle brush, and finally slick it back with a wide-tooth comb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

Need to watch that again... Great post :L

I normally use La Roche Posay's effaclar cleanser, massaging it onto my damp gave with my fingers and rinsing it off with a facecloth. Then i tone and moisturise. If I have makeup on i'll remove it with a wipe first then cleanse. I normally exfoliate twice a week, using soap and glory 'scrub your nose in it'.
    I have oily/combo skin and when I stick to this regieme it works miracles!

I've started using La Roche Posay Toleriane range and oh my god, I'll never use anything else again. Fantastic.

it's funny - i'm in my mid 30's and only NOW realising how my skin has changed and how to care for it appropriately. Amazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

massaging it onto my damp gave with my fingers

Ya wha'? :p

I use Burt's Bees citrus scrub in the shower and follow up with either calendula cream or Burt's marshmallow moisturiser.

mud wrote: »
    I use Burt's Bees citrus scrub in the shower and follow up with either calendula cream or Burt's marshmallow moisturiser.

Ooh, all sounds very luxurious... yum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Pippy1976 wrote: »
    Ooh, all sounds very luxurious... yum!

Yeah my ma gave me the B'sB cream lately. Marshmallow and mango butter vanishing cream. It's one of the most delicious things I've ever smelled :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I was aghast at 'im invisible's daily routine, especially when I saw that it was a man's routine until I realised I had heard of this routine before! (It has been a few years though and the post has inticed me to watch it again)

In the mornings I wash with a foaming fash wash from No 7 (But don't think they make it anymore:()
    In the evenings I sometimes use make up wipes :o but more often cleansing lotion and cotton wool followed by rinsing with water.

I've tried other methods but they just are too complicated for lazy me! I did like oil cleansing but the Nip/fab oil stuff I got stung the hell out of my eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

mud wrote: »
    Ya wha'? :p

Hahaha the perils of autocorrect! I meant "damp face". :P

Thank you "smart"phone :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

I tie a plastic ice pack around my face and commence with the morning's stretching exercises. Afterwards I stand in front of a chrome and acrylic Washmobile bathroom sink - with soap dish, cup holder, and railings that serve as towel bars, which I bought at Hastings Tile to use while the marble sinks I ordered from Finland are being sanded - and stare at my reflection with the ice pack still on. I pour some Plax antiplaque formula into a stainless-steel tumbler and swish it around my mouth for thirty seconds.

Then I squeeze Rembrandt onto a faux- tortoiseshell toothbrush and start brushing my teeth (too hung over to floss properly - but maybe I flossed before bed last night?) and rinse with Listerine. Then I inspect my hands and use a nailbrush. I take the ice-pack mask off and use a deep-pore cleanser lotion, then an herb-mint facial masque which I leave on for ten minutes while I check my toenails. Then I use the Probright tooth polisher and next the Interplak tooth polisher (this in addition to the toothbrush) which has a speed of 4200 rpm and reverses direction forty-six times per second; the larger tufts clean between teeth and massage the gums while the short ones scrub the tooth surfaces. I rinse again, with Cepacol. I wash the facial massage off with a spearmint face scrub.
    The shower has a universal all-directional shower head that adjusts within a thirty-inch vertical range. It's made from Australian gold-black brass and covered with a white enamel finish. In the shower I use first a water-activated gel cleanser, then a honey-almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Vidal Sassoon shampoo is especially good at getting rid of the coating of dried perspiration, salts, oils, airborne pollutants and dirt that can weigh down hair and flatten it to the scalp which can make you look older. The conditioner is also good - silicone technology permits conditioning benefits without weighing down the hair which can also make you look older.

On weekends or before a date I prefer to use the Greune Natural Revitalizing Shampoo, the conditioner and the Nutrient Complex. These are formulas that contain D-panthenol, a vitamin-B-complex factor; polysorbate 80, a cleansing agent for the scalp; and natural herbs. Over the weekend I plan to go to Bloomingdale's or Bergdorf's and on Evelyn's advice pick up a Foltene European Supplement and Shampoo for thinning hair which contains complex carbohydrates that penetrate the hair shafts for improved strength and shine. Also the Vivagen Hair Enrichment Treatment, a new Redken product that prevents mineral deposits and prolongs the life cycle of hair. Luis Carruthers recommended the Aramis Nutriplexx system, a nutrient complex that helps increase circulation.

Once out of the shower and toweled dry I put the Ralph Lauren boxers back on and before applying the Mousse A Raiser, a shaving cream by Pour Hommes, I press a hot towel against my face for two minutes to soften abrasive beard hair. Then I always slather on a moisturizer (to my taste, Clinique) and let it soak in for a minute. You can rinse it off or keep it on and apply a shaving cream over it - preferably with a brush, which softens the beard as it lifts the whiskers - which I've found makes removing the hair easier. It also helps prevent water from evaporating and reduces friction between your skin and the blade. Always wet the razor with warm water before shaving and shave in the direction the beard grows, pressing gently on the skin. Leave the sideburns and chin for last, since these whiskers are tougher and need more time to soften. Rinse the razor and shake off any excess water before starting. Afterwards splash cool water on the face to remove any trace of lather. You should use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol. Never use cologne on your face, since the high alcohol content dries your face out and makes you look older. One should use an alcohol-free antibacterial toner with a water-moistened cotton ball to normalize the skin.

Applying a moisturizer is the final step. Splash on water before applying an emollient lotion to soften the skin and seal in the moisture. Next apply Gel Appaisant, also made by Pour Hommes, which is an excellent, soothing skin lotion. If the face seems dry and flaky - which makes it look dull and older - use a clarifying lotion that removes flakes and uncovers fine skin (it can also make your tan look darker). Then apply an anti-aging eye balm (Baume Des Yeux) followed by a final moisturizing "protective" lotion. A scalp-programming lotion is used after I towel my hair dry. I also lightly blow-dry the hair to give it body and control (but without stickiness) and then add more of the lotion, shaping it with a Kent natural- bristle brush, and finally slick it back with a wide-tooth comb.

was. that from psycho?!

I use a hot cloth cream cleanser and I have a pile of six muslin squares from a baby dept. I don't cut up the squares I just fold them into quarters and the added bulk retains the heat of the hot water I squeeze it out in.

I apply the cream in circular motions and use one side of the folded square to wipe off, then turn to the clean side to give my face a polish in circular movements, and to make sure its all clean.

I use each muslin square only once, then fling it in the wash. If you buy six you always have a fresh one and the risk of bacteria is minimised. Every now and then I boil them in a pot to get the stains out that build up, but I've been using the same six for about a year in this way and they're fine.

I use only a mild wash in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I use my pillowcase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Sometimes i will spread fresh mango juice onto a new cloth and leave it lie on my face for a few minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

pushkii wrote: »
    was. that from psycho?!

The unabridged edition

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

The unabridged edition
    Abridged edition!?

Advertisement