Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo Prices in Limerick

Options
  • 04-12-2012 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Hey. This is my first post on here so if Ive done something wrong I apologise. Anyway Ive been wanted to get a tattoo for awhile now and Ive never gotten one done before. I hear that AllStar are really good. Im busy for the next 2 weeks with college exams and stuff so I wont have a chance to drop in so thats why Im asking here. I want to get one of these tribal tiger tattoos (or something similar if the artist or you guys have any good ideas) and want to know what price they would be roughly( I realise it depends on certain factors but ball park figures would be nice.
    http://www.tattoos-beauty.com/tribal-tiger-tattoos.html The third pic. The one with "flames"
    http://animalimages.blogspot.ie/2012/07/tiger-tattoo.html Second row on the right with the Japeneese writing.
    http://tattoojockey.com/tattoo-design/14383/wings-climbing-tribal-tiger-tattoo-by-wildspiritwolf-tattoo-design.html This one was the one I had originally like the most so if I was getting it done or was getting something similar that would be my base design at least.
    I would be getting it on my right arm on the inside somewhere between my wrist and the inside of my elbow. Maybe between 3-4 inches long and 2 inches wide. Depends on how it looks tho. My arm is very skinny. At the shortest part(my wrist) its under 2 inches wide while further back its slightly over 2 inches.(Yes yes im under weight its not like I want to be) Im thinking of leaving it as is. As in just black because having it in Orange would kind of ruin the tribal effect at least in my mind. I can just claim because of my pasty white skin its a Royal White Bengal Tiger Ftw :P
    Any help is appreciated. Sorry for the essay and probably the mountain of spelling errors.

I have a further question. How much is writing generally and what font tends to turn out the best. I would also like to get the message "save the tiger" written either above or beneath it.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Nobody will be able to give you an accurate price on here.
    You're better off printing off the pictures you want and taking them around to all the studios and getting them priced that way. Its going to be on your body for the rest of your life, waiting 3 weeks wont make difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭coolguyrko

Melion wrote: »
    Nobody will be able to give you an accurate price on here.
    You're better off printing off the pictures you want and taking them around to all the studios and getting them priced that way. Its going to be on your body for the rest of your life, waiting 3 weeks wont make difference.
    I know. I was just wondering so I'd have a rough idea

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

coolguyrko wrote: »
    I know. I was just wondering so I'd have a rough idea

It all depends on the size of your arm etc. Honestly, the best thing to do is take an hour out of your day and hit Bullmans and All Star and get them to price it for you. It will be different in every studio.

Melion wrote: »
    It all depends on the size of your arm etc. Honestly, the best thing to do is take an hour out of your day and hit Bullmans and All Star and get them to price it for you. It will be different in every studio.
    May try an get out tomorrow. Would you have a preference. Price isn't as big a deal to me as quality of work and quality of service would be. I heard all star is the best in limerick. Any idea how long a tattoo like that would take. It's nothing massive but it's sort of intricate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Ross in AllStar is awesome, Paul in Allstar does a lot of the black and grey stuff in there too! his tribal stuff is excellent!

Uli in High on Ink, (its on thomas street above the blind pig pub!) His work is excellent!!

Paul in Bullmans has great black and Grey on his FB page! but Ive never been tattoo'd be him so no personal experience but his portfolio looks good!

To be honest the best thing to do is go to the studios chat to the artists about style/ price and time, have a look at there portfolios and see whos's you like the most!!

• Advertisement

gregers85 wrote: »
    Ross in AllStar is awesome, Paul in Allstar does a lot of the black and grey stuff in there too! his tribal stuff is excellent!

Uli in High on Ink, (its on thomas street above the blind pig pub!) His work is excellent!!

Paul in Bullmans has great black and Grey on his FB page! but Ive never been tattoo'd be him so no personal experience but his portfolio looks good!

To be honest the best thing to do is go to the studios chat to the artists about style/ price and time, have a look at there portfolios and see whos's you like the most!!
    Thanks man great info.

I know it's a matter of opinion but what generally is the best font for quotes. I wanna get a a quote from Friday night lights. Obviously its gonna be "clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

coolguyrko wrote: »
    Thanks man great info.

I know it's a matter of opinion but what generally is the best font for quotes. I wanna get a a quote from Friday night lights. Obviously its gonna be "clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose"

ya its all opinion on this one, I find a lot of script on tattoos hard to read when there is a lot going on, I like font that is not over kill and readable, something like below (just an example)! but again everyone will be different! Last time I was in with Uli in High on Ink he had a big book with hundreds of font styles in it!

Ok I'm on about the 3rd pick. It's head would be closest to my right wrist would it look better facing inwards rather than outwards. In otherwords should I get it mirrored

Advertisement