Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allsops auction

Options
  • 04-12-2012 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭

Prices seem to be strong again today

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Some posters over on the Property Pin are calling it a pre-budget bloodbath, lots of properties didn't meet their reserve. There might be deals done on them post-auction though.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jodaw

different perspectives...

I thought i has been a disaster so far. I am just wondering how long it will be until the interest drops off in these BTL auctions.

The state of most of whats on offer is absurd. The time will come when an allsop auction will no longer be newsworthy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Not at all. Looks like the worst showing yet.

Is it true Dartmouth Square didn't sell? I thought the Council were intending to bid ?

RATM wrote: »
    Is it true Dartmouth Square didn't sell? I thought the Council were intending to bid ?

not one bid. auctioneer looked like a tool tbh

• Advertisement

Yup, failed to sell during the auction. May sell below the reserve afterwards of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

the eight apartments in galway went cheap @ €320

the eight apartments in galway went cheap @ €320

6 houses in Co. Galway in one lot went for €100k. Bloodbath.

I missed most of it... what lot number was that ?

• Advertisement

Yup, failed to sell during the auction. May sell below the reserve afterwards of course.

I'm still scratching my head as to what it could actually be used for, especially as the council said they'll never be giving permission for anything to be built upon. The only people who seem to have an interest in it would be the 70 residents around it. At €2k a household it could be their own private park where only they hold the keys.

Hopefully the council does buy and it stays in public hands, its a lovely little park and is well maintained.

land on sale at the moment in cork is going for a high price @ 255k

Wow, €17,000 for a house in Galway. Sure you wouldn't get a decent second hand Merc for that !

In fairness they are no-where near Galway city and are close to the Roscommon border, i.e. an unemployment black spot.

Nonetheless at €17k a house someone has got a bargain here. Even selling them individually for €35k will produce a 100% return. There are also 6 sites included in the lot which could surely fetch at least €8k each, generating a further potential €48k.

A bloodbath indeed.

I'm still scratching my head as to what it could actually be used for, especially as the council said they'll never be giving permission for anything to be built upon. The only people who seem to have an interest in it would be the 70 residents around it. At €2k a household it could be their own private park where only they hold the keys.

Hopefully the council does buy and it stays in public hands, its a lovely little park and is well maintained.

Could be a nice spot for a weekend market (in council hands) - right next to Luas and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Lyn256

There's a real difference between the properties asking under €100K and those asking over €100k. Many of those with low asking are going for 2/3 times asking but the dearer properties are going for just over asking or not at all.

Budget, definitely, having an effect

land on sale at the moment in cork is going for a high price @ 255k
    There was no crash in land prices. Farmers have never had it better.

Wow, €17,000 for a house in Galway. Sure you wouldn't get a decent second hand Merc for that !

In fairness they are no-where near Galway city and are close to the Roscommon border, i.e. an unemployment black spot.

Nonetheless at €17k a house someone has got a bargain here. Even selling them individually for €35k will produce a 100% return. There are also 6 sites included in the lot which could surely fetch at least €8k each, generating a further potential €48k.

A bloodbath indeed.

If the houses are not finished inside you'd be looking at 50k potentially to get them right... so the bargain might not be as it seems. No rental potential either I wouldn't think

lot 75 looks interesting. Great location for investment purposes...

A bloodbath indeed.

-Add cost of maybe fixing weathering and dampness issues
    -Installing/fixing sewage,lighting, services
    -Cost of bringing each house up to marketable condition
    -No market for homes in the area
    -A ghost estate that no person wants to live

An expensive headache imo.

I dont get this mindset that people think they a getting a bargain buying at auction. In many circumstances it is the opposite. We need to get over this buy and sell and get rich mentality.

It sold for this price for a reason. That is what it is worth. No more/ No less.

Still at least the property tax will be nice on them

• Advertisement

jodaw wrote: »
    -Add cost of maybe fixing weathering and dampness issues
    -Installing/fixing sewage,lighting, services
    -Cost of bringing each house up to marketable condition
    -No market for homes in the area
    -A ghost estate that no person wants to live

An expensive headache imo.
    Do we know that these houses are unfinished? :confused:

Do we know that these houses are unfinished? :confused:

there's no mention of them been finished which would be a very strong selling point. so if I were a betting man i'd say they were unfinished.

Even if they were semi finished at some stage we can probably assume that someone has unfinished them since

MICHAEL D HIGGINS SLAMS GHOST ESTATE VANDALISM IN THE CITY

August 10, 2010 - 4:21pm The recent vandalism and robbery of boilers from Sliabh Bhán housing estate in Ballybane should have been anticipated and must not be allowed to happen again.
    That's according to Galway West Labour Deputy Michael D Higgins who has condemned the 100 thousand euro worth of looting done by what he calls 'organised criminals'.
    At least 16 high-tech water boilers were stolen from the 19 vacant houses in the Sliabh Bhán estate over the past week.
    There are reports the boilers were 'stolen to order'.:D

sad but true

its strange that its mostly commercial property for sale..

there's no mention of them been finished which would be a very strong selling point. so if I were a betting man i'd say they were unfinished.
    There's no mention of any of the properties being finished.

cannot believe someone parted with 20K for that longford house. I have been in that estate and it is one of the most depressing places i have ever been. I came out losing all hope for humanity.

I would NOT accept 20K a year to live in that dump

jodaw wrote: »
    cannot believe someone parted with 20K for that longford house. I have been in that estate and it is one of the most depressing places i have ever been. I came out losing all hope for humanity.

I would NOT accept 20K a year to live in that dump

lol

the flat in Boyle might go for the lowest amount today

• Advertisement

Looks like Dartmouth Square did sell post-auction. There is no price for it, only a notice that says 'Sold After'

http://www.auction.co.uk/irish/LotDetails.asp?A=828&MP=24&ID=828000024&S=L&O=A

Advertisement