Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 7 vs windows 8

Options
  • 04-12-2012 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi just a quick question from someone who has already tested both.

For pure gaming and some web designing which is better ? ive heard windows 8 isnt good for gaming and eats a lot of resources mutch like vista did when it came out compared to xp sp3. In general what are the cons to upgrading (if any ) besides the new cool look.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

pros:

better fps in games.
    great boot times.

cons:

metro
    metro
    metro

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Hang on, play this to set the scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Lol, nearly de-nippled by a Vulcan.:D

OP, There are a few programs-some free- to restore the e Start Button and Start Menu with win 8 if it bothers you. Search this forum there was a discussion here about same lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

neither is better.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/windows-8-gaming-performance,3331.html

"Aside from those couple of idiosyncrasies, performance under Windows 8 is indistinguishable from Windows 7. Any speed-up or slow-down would be almost impossible to identify during game play, and we expect compatibility issues to get patched quickly by game developers."

I installed Window 8 but, only because I got it for 14.99 euros. With start8 installed you don't have to deal with metro. So, go with what ever is cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

I'd go with 8 , has some nice features over 7 , metro can be daunting but once you get used to it it's not to bad. plus it can always be disabled

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 YanisSprunks

Ok thank you for replies

Advertisement