Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Mexican restaurant

Options
  • 04-12-2012 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Heard about a new Mexican restaurant opening down near the Foundry, Is it true and if so, anyone know when it's open? Bout time we got some mexican food round here!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

cb123 wrote: »
    Heard about a new Mexican restaurant opening down near the Foundry, Is it true and if so, anyone know when it's open? Bout time we got some mexican food round here!

If it's by the foundry I don't think it's a restaurant...just another take away moving into a spot that has been inhabited by about 10 other take aways in the last 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Yeah, it's no restaurant. It's in where Florinis or whatever that pizza place was called. I'm sure after a few drinks I'll be in there for a burrito.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Pity, a really good eat in mexican would be fantastic in Waterford.

I do have to say the diversity of restaurants in the city is a great thing and should cover most peoples tastes.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Swinng

You got me all excited there. A Mexican eatery to sit in and enjoy would be nice. A takeaway would be worth a try also

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

I was just saying an hour ago it would be great to be able to get a decent burrito in Waterford.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

A Mexican after a feed of beer. Your hole would be like the flag of Japan the morning after.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Denise90

What ever happened to the Mexican restaurant out in Tramore? That was quite nice.
    Still, good to have a change to the take away usuals of pizza and Chinese!

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Where Flame was is now a Singaporean restaurant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

Is this Mexican place now open?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Sign says it's opening on 12/12/12 at 12:12 :)

About time there was a Mexican place in Waterford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Had a Burrito there last night, was quite tasty, thought it was maybe a little expensive at 7 euro for just the burrito no sides or drink. Maybe that's just cause i'm so used to meal deals now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jennygirl

just had a Burrito -
    large and tasty - filling - no need for chips -
    but disorganised still --- but has potential.....
    its street style food --- not restaurant food
    thumbs up for something different!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Up2NoGood

In there the other day, Funny how there are no prices posted.

When I asked the cheff what kind of spices he was using, he picked up a

packet of Old El Paso seasoning mix....WTF

Ill make the same at home for 1/4 of the price.... Old El Paso???

Up2NoGood wrote: »

Yeah, I couldn't be bothered with em. I saw all the Old El Paso stuff in there last night, I'd make a tastier burrito/fajita myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

Is this a sit down place or just takeaway?

A.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

There's a few seats in there. About half of what Apache have.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 trueman100

i saw them too but they are corn tortillas. .they are not old el paso seasoning mix. by the way do u know how much is the old paso corn tortillas in tesco? 2.59 cent each
    wtf you dreaming on about doing a full taco for 1/4 cost.
    by the way old el paso is the only and best mexican supplier in ireland since last 10 years.at least they are using good product.
    i tried once and it is very taste and they are very friendly.also there is a similar business in dublin it is call boojum and this guys in waterford good as one in dublin.

trueman100 wrote: »
    i saw them too but they are corn tortillas. .they are not old el paso seasoning mix. by the way do u know how much is the old paso corn tortillas in tesco? 2.59 cent each
    by the way old el paso is the only and best Mexican supplier in Ireland since last 10 years.at least they are using good product.
    i tried once and it is very taste and they are very friendly.also there is a similar business in Dublin it is call boojum and this guys in waterford good as one in dublin.

Take another read of my post.... The chef showed me the packet.
    You sound like a expert on retail Mexican supplies... would you have an agenda here??

My point is, if you buy the spices and do it yourself you will ALWAYS get a tastier plate, that's what real cooks do..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

by the way old el paso is the only and best mexican supplier in ireland since last 10 years.at least they are using good product.
    i tried once and it is very taste and they are very friendly.also there is a similar business in dublin it is call boojum and this guys in waterford good as one in dublin.
    Just off shift I see....many customers tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Walked by the place tonight, it's closed til the 27th or the 29th due to the festive season. Probably not the best business decision to close on one of the busiest weeks of the year, especially seeing as the place has only been open a week or 2. Insert your own Mexican jokes here :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

ooohhh fajahitas,,,probaly has so long of a head start till sully puts his oar in

i was dreaming about a beef burrito with pan fried kidney beans and extra spicy and
    they are closed for a week." for xmas family time" ?they only opened week ago lol.but i respect them.because they are thinking family first. not like some other businesses that they are even open at xmas day. happy xmas lads.i will be back.

Just off shift I see....many customers tonight?
    wht u on bout?

i was dreaming about a beef burrito with pan fried kidney beans and extra spicy and
    they are closed for a week." for xmas family time" ?they only opened week ago lol.but i respect them.because they are thinking family first. not like some other businesses that they are even open at xmas day. happy xmas lads.i will be back.

What shops are open Christmas day?

they are closed for a week."
    for xmas family time" ?they only opened week ago lol.but i respect them.because they are thinking family first. not like some other businesses that they are even open at xmas day. happy xmas lads.i will be back.

If you want to act like you don't work there, leave out the advertising.

ooohhh fajahitas,,,probaly has so long of a head start till sully puts his oar in

Wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

Wtf?

Insert your own Mexican jokes here tongue.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

What shops are open Christmas day?

Knocking off shops.

blaa85 wrote: »

If you want to act like you don't work there, leave out the advertising.
    i work in dublin firstly and living in waterford.i eat mexican from the guys in milenium walkway and i tryed the one in waterford too and they are good.i am not trying to advertise anybody, i am using my freedom of speech. i was in business 4 years ago and i know how hard it is.i think we should support .end of the day those guys or person working.they are selling food not drugs. ..

• Advertisement

I think we should also support capital letters.

Advertisement