Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carol Singing in Dublin at Christmas

Options
  • 04-12-2012 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭

I run a B&B and have a guest from L.A staying 20th-25th. She is a musician & professional singer and she wishes to go carol singing in Dublin. She wants to partake, not just watch.

I've told her about the Simon Community 24 hour carol-athon and also how there are usually carols at HMV on Grafton St on Christmas Eve. I also told her to check out the Dublin Gospel Choir as well as the websites of Christchurch & St.Patricks. Finally I told her about the Dublin Airport Choir who usually do carol singing in arrivals.

Are there any other places of note ? I suppose it is tricky as she wants to take part and many choirs will have been practicing for weeks now and probably won't be keen on anyone joining in ?

She is also asking me about a good place to get mass on Sunday the 23rd and I quote "A Catholic mass that would be jubilant and filled with music". Any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

I know the National College of Ireland are organising one and the more the merrier really:

https://www.facebook.com/events/311050932339528/?fref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

Dublin gospel choir are having their Christmas Mass at 7pm on the 16th in Church street, then there's a free carol concert afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

St Patrick's Cathedral has a carol service - their website will have the date. Might need to book a ticket though, as it's usually oversubscribed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Thanks for the replies lads,I'll send her on the info=)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Gloria, have their annual free carol service in St. Patricks on the 13tj December.

Gutted i am missing it this year

• Advertisement
Advertisement