Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New transaction charges and communicating these

Options
  • 04-12-2012 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I am wondering how it can be that BoI is not able to send me a mail to announce the new transaction charges and tell me that this change was announced in the local paper and inside the Branches - but they can send me a mail some days later to announce that they are "Proudly supporting the Excellence in Sport Awards 2012"? BoI also assumes that I'm not interested in the "Flat fee option" but prefer "Pay as you go" - essentially paying twice the money (based on my average amount of transactions)...

Not very customer friendly...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi AxelK,

Thanks for posting.

Our press advertisement on the Bank of Ireland website was posted in our press notices section. We also took out advertisements in two national newspapers. We've information available in our branches and we're using our social media presence to communicate with customers.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 18 AxelK

Hi Billy, as you can read in my post I know that you posted it in papers and in the branches - but I am asking why you are not sending a letter or a mail (which you can obviously do when it suites you). Reposting the same statement over and over again doesn't solve the communication problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭davemeade1

I found out too late for this quarters fees that this was changing so will be faced with charges on both my current accounts :( Is there no way this could have been communicated when logging into 365 online? In the same way as I get a popup regarding fraud from time to time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi AxelK,

Thanks for your post

We're sorry you feel that this information wasn't adequately communicated to you. Given the large number of customers affected by this change we selected media which has the broadest customer reach - in this case national newspapers, our website and social media channels. As always we appreciate your feedback and continually look to improve our communications.

Thanks

Billy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭ledgebag1

In fairness Billy, your replies are indicative of these peoples frustration here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi davemeade1,

Thank you very much for the suggestion. It is something we are looking into for future announcements.

Thanks
    Linda

Hi Linda,

I would prefer if you would postpone starting to charge customers these expensive transaction fees until you have informed them via letter or mail and have given them a chance to pick the flat fee option.

Cheers,
    Axel

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭marcus2000

From what date is your customer required to maintain a balance of 3k in their current account, in order to avail of free banking in the next quarter.

e.g. Is the current quarter 3K balance requirement effective as of the fee change date until end of Q4 2012....or for three months from that date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi marcus2000,

You won't be charged quarterly account transaction fees if you maintain a minimum credit balance of €3,000 throughout that full fee quarter. For example, to avail of our No Transaction Fee Offer for the current fee quarter, you need to keep at least €3,000 in your current account from 19/11/2012 - 15/02/2013. You can find the dates for the upcoming fee quarters in our Schedule of Fees and Charges for Personal Customers, available to download here.

Thanks,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭marcus2000

keep at least €3,000 in your current account from 19/11/2012 - 15/02/2013.

had i known this before 19/11/2012, that would have been a great help!!!:mad:

Suprisingly enough, I missed your social media presence, press advertisements and in-branch information!!

• Advertisement

Surprisingly? If I summarize the current information I have from Boards.ie, FB and talking to the hotline: customers are saying that there was no information in at least some branches - my own branch cannot find the leaflets, BoI cannot post the link to were they announced this on FB and the guys on the hotline were not able to say in which news paper(s) the change was advertised. That leads to the conclusion that it was actually never announced anywhere...

Advertisement