Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iec Update!!

• 04-12-2012 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

Hey just got this email off go4less looks like we could be waiting till jan before the forms are available to fill out:(

Hi There

The Canadian High Commission have just updated their website to announce that the Canadian Working holiday visa programme (IEC) will not officially open until early 2013. Previously the Canadian High Commission had advised that forms would become available in December and they would accept postal applications on January 1st. This is no longer the case. Go4less will contact you immediately by email and text once the new forms become available.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Is that such a bad thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Depends if you were hopeing to go in march or april it could delay the application.
    Just said i would post the email i received so that at least we no whats happening

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭mickob16

Was hoping to get out there as soon as but looks like it goin to take longer than planned :mad:

Yea true if the stuff was open now we could have it all filled out and waiting on their table on the 1st a jan but if might not be open now till mid jan:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

seachto7 wrote: »
    Is that such a bad thing?

It is if your already over here snd waiting for the program to open

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

So annoying! My boyfriend has Canadian citizenship as he was born there and his mother is Canadian and still lives there! He went over in October and I was hoping to go early next year... Ugh gonna take so much longer now! Wish they would just give a date, the website said Fall for ages, then December and now early 2013!

So annoying alrite iam mad ta go:mad: hate this haveing too wait lol..where u heading?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

I know it's sooooo annoying!!!surely they wanna get through it as fast as possible too you'd think they'd open it ASAP!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

is it a case of downloading the forms in Jan, and sending them in?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ENNE

Hi,
    my husband and i and our daughter are planning on moving to Canada on the iec
    just wondering if anyone knows the answers to these questions:
    My husband already has a SIN number from working in Canada temporarily during the summer, would this help our application or do we need to notify the IEC of this?
    Im not sure if he has a UCI number from working there if i dont know is it ok to leave out of the application?
    Do we send originals of documents or certified copies? and can a guard certify these copies?
    thanks for any replies its just so hard to get any info

• Advertisement
Advertisement