Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a custom built pc

• 04-12-2012 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi, I'm looking to buy a custom built pc that can play pc games with no hassle. I don't know if there is anywhere in Dublin that does this or not..

See system requirements below.

1. What is your budget? €1,000

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming. Internet browsing. Watching blu rays. I want to be able to play games like BF3, GTA,Fifa, Crysis etc. don't want to worry about lag or having to upgrade parts.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No, I only have an external hard drive (LaCie 2TB)

5. Do you need a monitor? No, I have a Samsung smart tv 40"

5a. If yes, what size do you need

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.] No, I will buy a wireless keyboard and mouse myself from Logitech. Speakers aren't really a necessity. Will need it to be wireless and will want only a card reader for USB

7. Are you willing to try overclocking. only if safe to do so and worth the risk

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser] cash or PayPal

9. When are you purchasing? Anytime

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [South Dublin, shankill.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Item|Price
    Intel Core i5-3570K Box, LGA1155|€208.05
    ASRock Z77 Pro3, Sockel 1155, ATX|€86.09
    be quiet! Pure Power L8 CM|€68.52
    Samsung SSD 830 128GB SATA 6GB's Basic|€94.99
    Seagate Barracuda 7200 2000GB, SATA 6Gb/s|€89.24
    Scythe Mugen 3, für alle Sockel geeignet|€36.34
    8GB-Kit Corsair Vengeance Low Profile schwarz PC3-12800U CL9|€36.35
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit (SB-Version)|€81.89
    Club 3D Radeon HD 7950 royalKing, 3GB GDDR5, AMD Radeon HD 7950, PCI- Express|€286.86
    LG CH10LS Blu-Ray ROM Bulk|€59.90
    LogiLink Wireless LAN 300 Mbps PCI Karte 802.11n 2T2R|€14.64
    BitFenix Shinobi Midi-Tower USB 3.0 black, ohne Netzteil|€53.03
    LogiLink SMILE USB 2.0 Card Reader (orange-weiß)|€2.12
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€1137.01

Real nice graphics card in that build :)
    That's an overclock build btw. If you definitely do not want to overclock then I can change a few parts and it will work out cheaper. Overclocking is safe and easy with the new intel chips.

I can't help you build unfortunately as I live too far away.

Sorry I read your budget as 1100 from the last post I can revise it down to 1000

You can either go with a lower end but still good gpu or a non overclock system, take your pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Mark26

tuxy wrote: »
    Sorry I read your budget as 1100 from the last post I can revise it down to 1000

You can either go with a lower end but still good gpu or a non overclock system, take your pick.

Hi cheers for the quick response. I can go €1,200. I only just remembered that my brother can install windows 7 for me.

Wheres the best place to order everything. If I could find someone local to put it together, maybe even a mate of mine could do it, I'll definitely go ahead with everything.

Thanks mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

hardwareversand.de , everyone on this forum uses them. For an extra 20e they`ll put it together for you. Use the pc configuration thing

Are you saying you can get a copy of windows elsewhere?
    If so just remove it from the build above. Definitely go with hardwareversand.de, they are usually 15-20% cheaper then everywhere else and have a great selection of stock. If you click all the links above you will see I sourced all the parts from that site.

Only other thing to think about then is the case, the one I picked is great value and will do everything you need but some people find the design a bit plain.

Have a look at cases here.
    http://lb.hardwareversand.de/631/Midi.search

• Advertisement

nuxxx wrote: »
    hardwareversand.de , everyone on this forum uses them. For an extra 20e they`ll put it together for you. Use the pc configuration thing

Nice one, just noticed the links are in the previous message. I'm a bit slow today

nuxxx wrote: »

They won't put the custom cpu cooler on. With out it there is no point trying to overclock. If you go that route let me know and I will spec a system with motherboard and cpu that do not overclock.

They won't put the custom cpu cooler on. With out it there is no point trying to overclock. If you go that route let me know and I will spec a system with motherboard and cpu that do not overclock.

I will go for the overlocking as like you say it's a safe bet nowadays. My brother can sort me out with windows. Do you reckon then it's best just to order the parts as they won't put a cooler in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Mark26 wrote: »
    I will go for the overlocking as like you say it's a safe bet nowadays. My brother can sort me out with windows. Do you reckon then it's best just to order the parts as they won't put a cooler in.

You'll have fun putting it together yourself and you'll learn a lot, and it will all go perfectly if you take your time and don't force anything. It's like expensive lego

Yeah I agree with frozenfrozen, go ahead and order the parts.
    Read a few guides or watch a few videos on building a pc.
    If in doubt about anything just ask here.

• Advertisement

Yeah I agree with frozenfrozen, go ahead and order the parts.
    Read a few guides or watch a few videos on building a pc.
    If in doubt about anything just ask here.

Thanks for the help lads, ill keep you posted on further developments....

Hi lads I just went into the PC configurator on that website and selected all the components tuxy gave me and everything seemed okay. It would be better for me to have them build it as its only €20 plus it saves me time and hassle, especially since I don't know what I'm doing.

It's easier than most people realise. Many people have built their first pc after getting advice for parts here. The net is full of good guides on how to do it.
    But if you think it's best to have them build it that's fine.
    They will not install the mugen 3 cooler or any non intel cooler so you can remove that from the list.

With out that you can't overclock so you could go for the cheaper motherboard and processor that do not over clock

http://lb.hardwareversand.de/DDR3/59304/ASRock+B75+Pro3-M%2C+Sockel+1155%2C+mATX.article

http://lb.hardwareversand.de/Socket+1155/63549/Intel+Core+i5-3570+Box%2C+LGA1155.article

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

Go for the z77 board if ur getting a 3570k might as well

If you get them to build it for you all you'll have to do is remove the intel cooler and install the custom..one it's not hard..

You can overclock a little with the intel cooler but it'll be loud and you won't get that Much

It's not hard to install a custom cooler but it's still probably the most difficult part of the build. Might as well build the whole thing if you decide to do that.
    Either go for the overclock build and do it yourself.
    Or get them to build it and don't get an overclock build. (get the non k 3570 and b75 motherboard)

I know people who got theirs built and got overclockable parts thinking they might replace the cooler and overclock later, they never bothered to change the cooler in the end it was a waste paying for overclocable parts.

Advertisement