Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Check out this cased Irish made double on gunbroker

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭nowwerehurlin

Beautiful gun ..could it be shipped to ireland do you think ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Nice Gun it looks to be one of a pair as indicated by the 1 engraved on it its compatriot would have a 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

harmoniums wrote: »

Think I'll bid against you then!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Mr.Flibble

No, you think you're obliged to bid on it. You've been in America too long.

If you do buy it, please don't follow the suggestion of the seller to fire 2 3/4" "shells" in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭harmoniums

Mr.Flibble wrote: »
    No, you think you're obliged to bid on it. You've been in America too long.

If you do buy it, please don't follow the suggestion of the seller to fire 2 3/4" "shells" in it.

Heh, yes with Damascus barrels, I doubt they're proofed for nitro.
    I reload back powder cartridges for these older guns, so she'll be treated gently if I win it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Mr.Flibble

Heh, yes with Damascus barrels, I doubt they're proofed for nitro.
    I reload back powder cartridges for these older guns, so she'll be treated gently if I win it.

That may be a good idea, but it wasn't really what I meant, as I think the gun actually is proofed for nitro.

It's more that I reckon the chambers are 2 1/2". Just because you can put 2 3/4" cartridges in doesn't mean they should be fired in it.

One thing does puzzle me though. Why, on a gun that old, would the chamber length be marked in non-imperial units? Maybe it was re-proofed, e.g. for nitro(?) much more recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sika98k

Mr.Flibble wrote: »
    That may be a good idea, but it wasn't really what I meant, as I think the gun actually is proofed for nitro.

It's more that I reckon the chambers are 2 1/2". Just because you can put 2 3/4" cartridges in doesn't mean they should be fired in it.

One thing does puzzle me though. Why, on a gun that old, would the chamber length be marked in non-imperial units? Maybe it was re-proofed, e.g. for nitro(?) much more recently.

It has been reproofed since 1984 and more likely since 1989. Probably bought at auction in the UK and exported to the US of A.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭DJandDeid

I notice it says 'boxlock' on the ad but it looks like a sidelock to me. Beautiful though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Dalken

I hope you get it she's a beauty.

Advertisement