Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brownie combinations?

Options
  • 04-12-2012 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Tried brownies with maltesers but they just go a bit too chewy.

Any suggestions for other things to throw into a brownie mix, I generally use chopped up Yorkie Nigella Style. But there must be other sweets/chocs that work well?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Off the top of my head: M&Ms, Crunchie, marshmallows, maybe Cadbury or Galaxy Caramel? All just guessing, but it sounds nice!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Little dollops of peanut butter :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Dulce de leche
    dollops of cheesecake mix
    salted nuts
    bacon bits (honestly!)

Have also seen Christmas themed brownies on tastespotting with bits of candy cane in them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

Natural dried cherries are yum. Soak them in rum overnight- even better!

Pralines are good too- candied almonds and pecans.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I like adding almonds to my brownies.
    But if I'm honest, no matter what I add, they don't taste as good as when they are left plain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Yum peanut butter, keep the ideas coming can never have too many combinations. I do agree a plain brownie can be just as yum esp. if you have a choccy sauce with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭vic20

Captain Morgan Spiced Rum :)
    Rosy Posy wrote: »
    Natural dried cherries are yum. Soak them in rum overnight- even better!

Pralines are good too- candied almonds and pecans.

Advertisement