Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom eMail difficult to access

Options
  • 04-12-2012 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I have checked back the last couple of pages and I see no mention of Eircom eMail difficulties. Over the past 3 to 4 weeks I have had intermittent difficulties with accessing the service. When I last checked their Customer Service the problem was acknowledged but 'in hand'. I logged on fine in Holland this morning at 0830 (Irish time), but back in Dublin at 1630 to 1830 (now!) I cannot get my mail. Anyone had similar experiences/inside info/rumours ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

This forum wouldn't really be the place for that. There's hundreds of posts regarding this in the Talk to eircom forum ...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1293

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Just got this from eircom so it might be what's causing you to have problems
    This email is to inform you that eircom will be doing a scheduled system upgrade to the Webmail service in next few days.

The upgrade of mailboxes will be phased over a couple of weeks and carried out mostly after midnight to minimise the impact on the service. If you do experience interruption at any stage during the upgrade, please wait for few hours and try again.

Some of the benefits from the changes you will notice after the upgrade are as below:

Smarter Mailbox to reduce time spent finding emails

Simple sharing, allowing you to control access to inbox or folders

Recover gracefully with Undo Send, Restore Email and Scheduled Delivery

Upload multiple files of any file type in one step

Preview Attachments instead of downloading them

Synchronization to iOS, Windows and Android-based smartphones and tablets

Social integration (Twitter/Digg/Facebook)

After the upgrade you can continue to access eircom.net Webmail as normal and no changes will be necessary at your end.

We are sorry for any service interruptions and inconvenience this may cause.

Kind regards,
    eircom net team

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Potchumkin

Thanks Alun and gadgetman496. I didn't realise that there was that other forum

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Thanks Folks. As this is being discussed here I have deviced to lock rather than move this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement