Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISO question

Options
  • 04-12-2012 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭

Wondering if someone might have a suggestion to an issue I can't figure out. I have an ISO mounted to a virtual drive using Daemon tools so I can launch a game without the Cd. This works fine under my login but not with my son's login. I've shared the virtual drive which works when I switch to my son's login but when the laptop is restarted this shared drive is missing from the second login. How do I make this shard permanent?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

I suspect that because your account is sharing the drive it works when you switch user (i.e. the account sharing the virtual drive is still active) but the drive only 'exists' until your account is logged out .

The second account needs access to the iso , not a share to a drive . Stick the image file in a public folder (assuming Vista or Win7/8) for mutual access if the second account is not admin .

Boot up and log directly into the second account . Launch Daemon , mount the image and in Daemon go into Preferences/General and check the box for Autostart . Click Apply . This should create a permanent virtual drive on the secondary account . If that's the only image likely to be used on the account for now you can also select Automount . These options are easily undoable but from experience they'll save a lot of gnashing of teeth as the game will be ready to go soon as they log in ( until the next game comes along :eek: )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Lazarus2.0 wrote: »

Boot up and log directly into the second account . Launch Daemon , mount the image and in Daemon go into Preferences/General and check the box for Autostart . Click Apply . This should create a permanent virtual drive on the secondary account . If that's the only image likely to be used on the account for now you can also select Automount . These options are easily undoable but from experience they'll save a lot of gnashing of teeth as the game will be ready to go soon as they log in ( until the next game comes along :eek: )

That seems to have done the trick. Thanks :)

Advertisement