Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road and weather conditions for the county.

Options
  • 04-12-2012 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭

Roads were very slippy in places this morning. Couple of minor crashes in and around the Fenagh area and roads were still dodgy around midday.

It rained again this evening and it will freeze tonight with temps due to fall to -2c so take care tomorrow and watch out for idiots.

I also notice that the council weren't sending out any alerts for icy conditions this morning.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

did they forget to grit the roads last night? i drove to Kilkenny via comer as had to collect someone there, lethal all the way , particualrly from after Killeshin to the N77 i think it is, the Athy - Kilkenny road. had a few slides and I was crawling along.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

What i've read is that some county councils have been blaming Met Eireann for no warning of the low temps last night. There was a 6 car crash in Galway on the N17 because the roads were very icy and the council thought that it wasn't going to freeze so never gritted them.

Met Eireann have said that roads will ice over tonight so hopefully the council will be out tonight and grit more than the Carlow to Kilkenny/Wexford roads and the motorway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

patrickc wrote: »
    did they forget to grit the roads last night? i drove to Kilkenny via comer as had to collect someone there, lethal all the way , particualrly from after Killeshin to the N77 i think it is, the Athy - Kilkenny road. had a few slides and I was crawling along.

N78 Athy KK road. Heard on KCLR there was a crash at Crettyard alright. Judging by the M9 this morn it was lethal (about 8.30am, hard shoulder was white) I thought as far as Carlow but seemed much better after that. Seemed to be crashes allover the place.
    Not sure if KK gritting trucks were out at all last night. I thought this week was to be mildish from forecasts as I'd seen.
    Is it just me or is this rain followed by hard frosts a fairly recent weather phenonomon? Every winter for the past 4 years we have been getting rain followed by hard frosts making roads lethal :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Tullow-Killerig was cat yesterday.Two crashes when I was going through(slowly.)Slightly better this morning or maybe everyone was just going a lot slower.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Couple of crashes on the Garyhill to Fenagh road this morning. The road from Garyhill to Bagenalstown was the worst its been this morning. More sub zero temps forecast for tonight.

• Advertisement
Advertisement