Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

An Irish ornament?

• 04-12-2012 8:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I'm making a trip to the States next week and a friend has asked me to bring her over an Irish ornament to hang on her tree. I have no idea what that would be, or indeed where to start looking. What would make a good distinctly Irish ornament?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

St Brigid's cross maybe?

st_brigid_cross_christmas_ornament_300a.JPG
    medium.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭muckisluck

A Newbridge piece. They have lots of lovely ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Some good ideas but unless they sell them in Centra (or I suppose I could get to a Homestore or something on Saturday), I'm a bit pushed fr time on this one.

Tbh, you can get similar items to these in the airport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I did think about that biko, but shopping at Cork airport is dire. I tried to see if the Loop website had any Xmas stuff on it, but I don't see anything (and no guarantee it'd be in Cork if I did). Maybe London Heathrow has an Irish shop? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Stop into one of those souvenir shops that are everywhere, they'd have a big selection. Perhaps something Guinness related?

Advertisement