Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

White banner at top of iphone 4

• 04-12-2012 8:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I've got a game installed (WSOP Poker) and every now and then it goes mental, showing 'You've got a bonus...' at the very top of the iphone on a white banner. I just got it there about 12 times in a row. I've taken the game out of the Notifications section in settings, but this isn't really a notification like other ones I get. I suspect its part of the game, and if it's running (in the bg) it will display this msg, but I thought I'd ask in case it's an iOS feature that can be turned off.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

corblimey wrote: »
    I've got a game installed (WSOP Poker) and every now and then it goes mental, showing 'You've got a bonus...' at the very top of the iphone on a white banner. I just got it there about 12 times in a row. I've taken the game out of the Notifications section in settings, but this isn't really a notification like other ones I get. I suspect its part of the game, and if it's running (in the bg) it will display this msg, but I thought I'd ask in case it's an iOS feature that can be turned off.

When in the notifications make sure you go into the app and turn off banner notifications, sounds and badges. Also turn off 'show in lockscreen'. By just turning it off it can still show the notifications anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

DubDJ wrote: »
    When in the notifications make sure you go into the app and turn off banner notifications, sounds and badges. Also turn off 'show in lockscreen'. By just turning it off it can still show the notifications anyway.

Ah, right, didn't know that. Just turned everything off, so we'll see if it happens again. Thanks for your help, DubDJ

Advertisement