Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quirky traits that your pet has!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Mumo3, one of our cats loved the dolls pram when my girl was small, he would jump in for her, she taught him to wave which turned into high fives!
    Small dog will "hello" (big yawn with awwwoooo sound that sounds very like hello) you if you are ignoring her for another pet when you come into the house.
    Oliver....where do I start, my daughter says he's the Sheldon Cooper of the dog world. He has his spot on one end of either sofa, no one can sit near him, if a human on sofa before him thats fine, if they're in his spot he will sit on the arm and slide in pushing them over.
    He freaks at the smallest bang or crash, but loves the brass band or pipe bands on st patricks day, loves loud music of most kinds really.
    He runs away if there's raised voices, but will chase the cats if they are even looking cross ways at each other (just chase them apart to prevent rows, he loves them otherwise).
    Can walk into doors but then shows moments of pure genius, can understand the strangest things but doesn't get shut up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

I LOVE this thread! Makes me realise I am not the only person out there with a mad pupster!

Where do I start with Frodo. Firstly for some reason when he gets a rub behind his ears he will tilt back (imagine a dog looking almost 'regal') with this nose in the ear and lick his lips. Only poking out his tongue ever so slightly. It's the visable version of a cat purring. When he does this we know he is super contented. He could sit like that for hours as long as your keep rubbing. He you are watching tv and he wants a rub he will jump up on the sofa and sit in that position just waiting with his nose in the air.

Also he loves to play hide and seek with my OH. This sounds insane I know but the dog tries to hide and then jumps out on my OH. His favorite though is when my OH actually hides and then Frodo has to find him. He will bounce around the place checking all the usual spots (behind the door, behind the couch, behind the curtains) as my OH calls him from his secret spot. The when my OH bounces out from his hiding place Frodo will go mad, tag wagging a million miles and hour jumping up trying to lick my OHs face. Then he will run off out of the room and wait for it all to start again.

Also at night when he goes to bed we always give him a wee belly rub and lately he has got in the habbit of running into his crate, sitting full back on his bum with this back against the crate and one leg in the air waiting for his rub. I swear he is bananas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

my cats keep releasing mice in the house:eek: I was up at 3am moving furniture to get at a mouse in my bedroom, then I had to run up and down the hall to catch him. Cats all watching me, no-one helped, I think they were laughing. Fortunately I like mice, prefer them outside tho:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭montzarella

Tonto, (poodle mini schnauzer cross) does this digging routine on his bed after he eats. his bed is like a big flat bean bag with a blankie thrown over it.

he finishes eating, then goes to his bed, rubs his beard and eyes with his paws, rubs his beard up and down along the bed, then he will pull the blankie off the bed, stand in the middle and dig like a mad thing on the bed, his two front paws flying! its quite entertaining to watch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Years ago i had a gerbil. He was kept in my room but when the mother was out I'd bring him down put him on the back of the couch and he'd run to the other end down the arm and sit near the fire.

Halloween 93 i'll never forget. Back from trick or treating, couple of friends over. Arachnophobia on the tv in 3D. Mother was gone out so i brought Gerry down. Put him on the back of the couch where he done his thing. Unfortunately my 9 year old brother was sitting in that spot with his arm on the armrest.

The scream could be heard a mile away and their was a mark in the ceiling where he hit it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 170 ✭✭Oh hai

Another racist dog here :o

I cringe now when we're about to walk past a black person because I know he's going to go mental. For some reason black Evening Herald guys are his worst enemy. Even if we're in the car and he sees one he'll go ballistic!

He's completely tapped, I'd be here all day with his little quirks but that's definitely the most awkward one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭SunDog

My friend no longer around. LARGE Labrador X from being discarded by previose owners. Gentlest guy you'd meet(Christ all our dogs we claim are unique:)). Would come along and rest his chin on your knee, look at you and wait quietly until you looked at him and when(you have to not look straight away for some form of dominance(Yeah fecker knew me aswell as I knew him) you looked at him he'd quickly sweep the ground with his tail until you melted and had a play.
    Smell or see water, look at you with a smaller more intent signal from his tail(Tell go, tell me go, tell me go!:)).
    First thing in the morning, the slightest eye movement or twitch...BooM, straight in with either a head butt or the normal frantic lick of the lip which would quickly end in a nipped bottom lip "Good morning!. I'm awake and looking at you for ages".:D
    The list goes on. Great sprits:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

My boxer, being a boxer, has MANY quirky traits.

I think I have posted about his perverted ways before but here goes. He regularly shifts people, perfect strangers, anyone really, he has amazingly perfect aim, never misses and you don't even see it coming, he usually just runs up to them, leaps up, quick tongue into the mouth and is gone again, his body won't even touch theirs. If I had a euro for everytime I have been mortified by the disgusted looks and people wiping their mouths and tongues I would be grand for dog food for year. Also I am often woken up by him placing his lips right on mine, then the very second I open my eyes I get a big dirty kiss.

He also has a habit of swallowing his toys, like the legs off his kong wubba, he usually coughs it up but just this evening it got stuck, he doesn't even panic anymore I just call him over and pull it out.

He too has eaten/drank? The fat from the george Forman tray. Would also refuse to sleep in his own bed and choose to sleep in the cats which was comical looking because he some how managed to fit his legs in there. He refuses to sleep on the floor, has to be a bed or a blanket to his taste, otherwise he won't lie down and will literally fall asleep standing up. He also sleeps with his tongue poking out just a teensy bit.

When he gets up in the morning or gets exited he leaps and jumps around the place like a horse which has earned him the name prancer. He has an obsession with ugh boots and will chase and try to pull them off peoples feet. He gets super exited when I am talking on the phone, jumping around the place and trying to get me to play. And when I am walking up the stairs behind him he sometimes farts and then looks back at me with a guilty head before heading on. Fecker!

The cats well the younger one loves water and will stand in the bath for you to shower her. She chases the older cat who hates her because she thinks it's great fun. She climbs on our mantel piece and then sharpens her claws on the wall paper! She loves the car and will happily hop in and go for a spin. In the morning she runs all over the house like a lunatic, this includes jumping up on my guitar, clinging to the soft case and holding on while it falls only to let go at the last second.

The older cat hates all people and animals, but sometimes likes people for a few minutes until she doesn't again. She loves to cuddle up to you in bed, that is until you move then she will growl and of that doesn't make you stop she will swipe and scratch at you. If you are asleep and she wants to go out she will find something noise like a paper bag and scratch at it to wake you up. She also like to sneak into the neighbours houses and sleep on their beds.

Wow what crazy, innopropriate animals I have :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Niamho! wrote: »
    I have an Alaskan Malamute and If we;re out walking, or in a park, and she gets onto a patch of slightly longer than usual grass, she goes ape-s**t!! Starts running around in circles in a playful way like a lunatic. As soon as I see the signals I have to firmly plant my feet on the ground if I have a hold to her lead.

Awh my Mal does the exact same thing too! :D

Here he is playing some fetch :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

My (departed) cat used to kill his food before eating it. Don't think he realised the food was already dead before it was served to him! I could always tell when he'd been nicking the other cat's food as it would be all over the floor! He could never work out how I knew! :D

Cats also used to scratch the stair carpet. The girl did the bottom step, boy did the top. Again, they could never work out how I knew which cat to yell at!

My Shih Tzu has a funny habit. Every time he eats or does a No. 2, he goes for a beard wipe. He frantically runs in, and starts rubbing his beard on bit of carpet he can find, growling all the way. The little treasure also tries to wipe his beard on the beds - preferably when there's clean bedding on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

My dog just recently is expecting treats after walks, to the extent now that he is pawing us for us to get up and get him a treat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

During the good weather in the summer time (rare times) I let my dog nasher go outside after his bath and any little thing that comes in his path and touches him like a branch of a tree or grass gets mangled and tore up and he doesnt stop until he's dry from all his running. Kinda a win win dont got to cut the grass and within 20 mins he's dry and he's had loads of exercise

He also burrows under his blanket in his bed and sleeps that way. So if he's unsettled put a blanket over him and its lights out everytime been that way since I got him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

He also burrows under his blanket in his bed and sleeps that way. So if he's unsettled put a blanket over him and its lights out everytime been that way since I got him

:) Phoenix likes to bury things in his bed. Once, we got him a big cushion bed and put it into his crate. He was nice and comfy until I handed him in a bone. He got out of bed, refused point blank to go back in and started looking very worried. I finally figured it out. He couldn't bury his bone in the cushion! So I put in a little scrap of blanket, the size of a tea towel and he happily got into bed to cover his treat with it. :D

Whispered wrote: »
    :) Phoenix likes to bury things in his bed. Once, we got him a big cushion bed and put it into his crate. He was nice and comfy until I handed him in a bone. He got out of bed, refused point blank to go back in and started looking very worried. I finally figured it out. He couldn't bury his bone in the cushion! So I put in a little scrap of blanket, the size of a tea towel and he happily got into bed to cover his treat with it. :D

Dogs are just the best they really do brighten your day up. Nasher talks back to me through grunts and groans and always ALWAYS has the last word

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Bid08

my lab likes me to play chase with him. He will go and find a big stone (he knows he not allow them as our other Lab will eat them) have it hanging out of his mouth for me to see come within about 3 feet of me and run, he will stop let me get close to him and so on. this will go on till I use my 'cross voice' telling him to drop the stone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jojobeans

A friend of mine has a jack russell who constantly shakes and shivers she asked a vet about it and he said its just a trait some of these type of dogs have. Has anyone heard of this?

jojobeans wrote: »
    A friend of mine has a jack russell who constantly shakes and shivers she asked a vet about it and he said its just a trait some of these type of dogs have. Has anyone heard of this?

Yeah. Mine does it to get attention.

I'v a Dobberman and he could be nice and warm infront of the fire and he'll look at you shaking. I used to cuddle him when he did it as a pup think he enjoyed it and still tries it but been 7 months pregnant its not so easy to do now with that big a dog

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jojobeans

Yeah. Mine does it to get attention.

she was worried it was something wrong with him, probably to do with his age 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Kukey

Yes my JRT constantly shakes & quivers all the time as well,it is to do with the breed although not all JRTs do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭Hooked

Our husky puts on a show when he arrives at the local Maxi Zoo... Woo-ing, howling, talking and 'giving out' to the staff (go get my treats)... He's got real personality and talks back a-lot!!!

He also groans like an old man when he stretches... Do most dogs do this? Or can I class it as 'quirky'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

After a long walk or when we've been out visiting & fido has had to be down on the floor & not allowed sit up with me; , she will come home & climb onto the couch with me & nudge herself closer & closer to me until finally she gets herself so that she can put her ear over your heart & hear it beat. She'll then let out a big happy sigh & go off to sleep.

I just love that dog : ) makes me happy every day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

One of my Toms (10 months) likes to bring moss inside the house, loads of it :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Not sure if its a quirk, but we had to put our collie outside this evening as we were cleaning the balcony and the noise of us on the wooden floor terrifies him! He's laid at the front of the house now watching the world go by and is refusing to come in;)
    Of course her ladyship has no similar compunction s and is panned out in her bed snoring her head off.

Strange dogs:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Our fella is 7 months, so its very nearly snip time. Every time my wife and I discuss the snip in front of him he drops his head and looks so sad. It is as if he knows the trauma that awaits him.

Similar if we say "are you in puberty Rufus?" - the head drops.

Or maybe we are just imagining this odd trait.

Another one, is when ever we pick him up, he tends to sniff around, nothing unusual there, but he always ends up at our ears and wont stop sniffing there until he is put back on the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Dougal the 7 month old kitty likes to flush the push button loo. Looks real proud of himself and purrs when he gets it right.
    None of the others do it, its his special trick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭jjjade

my mams scottie, will kiss everyone except my mother (who has trained her, loved her and there 24.7 for her). when she is really enjoying her rubs, she licks the air. when you stop rubbing her after a long time, she will put her long nose under your hand to raise it over to rub her again (its like, i know your done but im not), she doesn't like her paws being touched. I love her, but is this just a scottie thing that they are a strange dog in their own way? its comical really :D

partners cat, didn't like the new bed until he sat in it, then she got in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

My female lab X will cock her leg and pee like a male dog when on walks! Only on walks she pees like a girl any other time.

It's quite odd.

My old at used to love burlap bags, she would spend hours just rubbing up against one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Our fella goes through stages of constantly giving you his paw, he could do it 20 or 30 times until you put your hand out. I don't know does it mean something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Just thought of another one. The first time we went to the beach with Phoe he was taking a pee, like a little girl. The sand was so soft that he couldn't support himself and his four legs went in opposite directions until he was lying flat on his belly.

Since then, when we are on "unfamiliar" ground, like sand, very soft moss or wood chips he lies down flat on his belly, with his legs stretched out to pee. I can't wait to see how he manages snow! :D

As he's getting older it doesn't happen as much because he lifts his leg now when there is a prop available, but if there is not it's back to superman pose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

My tabby cat likes me to play chase with him around the house. He'll leap through the bannisters in front of me and swat my heels as I go past him on the stairs. Then he dashes from room to room playing peek a boo. He also likes to repeatedly scan himself under the microchip cat flap. It beeps and he knows if he does it enough we'll get up and let him in. He never does it when he knows we're in bed.

Our tuxedo chap likes to pull the wicker laundry basket onto its side and sleep in it on the dirty laundry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

I have 8 dogs

Milo - runs up behind you and paws your legs, as soon as you turn he runs off and the game continues..

Daisy - will only play on the bed, will bark if put into the other room before being fed

Penny - tail never stops waggling, only have to look at her for it to start, if shes in the bed.. she kinda fights you pushing with her paws

Tubs - if I've been out and just come home he rolls on his back, shows you his belly and pees with excitement

Bear - anyone being groomed he's in on top looking to be brushed.. refuses to sit on a chair with anyone else and will bully people off

Lily - acts more like a cat most of the time, if she likes something like being scratched she puts your arm into her mouth

Orin - special bark for playing and for when he wants cuddles. When I say "I luffs you, I luffs you, I luffs you" he comes running from wherever he is, jumps up and licks the head off me

Sophie - oddest dog I ever met.. high security prison couldn't keep her in. She has a special language with the collies on the road, none of the rest take any notice. She watches tv, barks at dogs on the tv even if they havent made a sound and also horses. She has never met a horse. Never kisses faces only limbs, eyes get sniffed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Roaring fire and what dog doesn't love a fire

The golden retriever tries to lie so close to it he may as well crawl in!

And then a few minutes later he's overheated and lies on the kitchen floor panting and cooling off

And then goes back to get as close to the fire as possible :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

My little doggy won't sleep until I say "night night" and give her a goodnight kiss :o She goes over to her bed and stares at me until I do it :pac: then she just curls up in a ball and starts snoring :L
    She's a funny little thing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

My grandparents cat was raised from birth with 2 springer spaniel hunting dogs. They became best of friends fairly rapidly, and the cat probably forgot he was one as he acted exactly like the 2 hyperactive dogs.
    HE would often go sprinting off up through the fields with them, coming back absolutely drenched in muck and water. He would bust through streams and bogs no bother.

The springers loved carrying things around in their mouths such as slippers, and the cat used to try too. It looked quite out of place. The 2 dogs also used to eat big bowls of dinner scraps, meats, bread, veg etc all mixed with milk. And the cat took a liking to that too!

Unfortunately the 2 springers died a while back, and now the cat is calming down a bit and slowly becoming more err cat-like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Our cat loves iPads !
    Someone let him play that cat game where they have to catch the mouse on the screen and now he just goes crazy anytime he sees anything that looks like an iPad !!

He may have bought into the whole Apple cult/hype thing :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Our cat will play fetch for hours and answers to about 5-6 commands. Also, he loves getting dizzy. He will lie on his side on the wooden floor and wait for us to push his back and spin him around at rediculous speed. He'll even stiffen his back so he can go faster. After a spin, he'll look up and hopelessly try to track his surroundings.

Loves playing with my iPad mouse game. He is convinced that a mouse lives under the device.

He has a special cry if he is caught doing something (we issue a strong "No") but wants permission to continue doing it. So cheeky. It's like a sharp "ah".

Me - "Oreo"
    Oreo - *looks to me*
    Me - "No!"
    Oreo - "Ah!"
    Me - "No"
    Oreo *stops doing whatever it was he was doing (unless he is being bould!)

Dietwise, he goes nuts for sweetcorn. Raving bonkers. He have him trained to respect our eating area but two different foods completely override his training - tuna and sweetcorn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Our cat will play fetch for hours and answers to about 5-6 commands. Also, he loves getting dizzy. He will lie on his side on the wooden floor and wait for us to push his back and spin him around at rediculous speed. He'll even stiffen his back so he can go faster..

I thought my fella was the only loonatic who likes that!!! I'm not alone in the world :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

My girlfriends two dogs are slightly mad.

One is a Mini Jack Russell. Like others have mentioned he'll shiver like he is freezing in order to get attention. He'll also stretch out on the ground with his front paws out as far in front of him as he can and his back legs stretched as far behind him as he can and wiggle across the floor on his belly.

As soon as you pick him up he just conks out. He could be tearing around the garden like a mentalist but if you bring him in and sit him on your lap on the couch he'll burrow his head in under your arm or between your leg and the arm of the couch (anywhere dark really) and be unconscious within seconds.

The other is a cross between a Pomeranian and a Japanese Spitz. I'm sure there is a mix of ferret in there somewhere as she doesn't act like a dog at all. She'll sprint into a room, jump as far as she can, turn over in mid air so she's facing upwards, land on her back, and then look at you as if this is perfectly normal and as if to say "I'm getting my belly rubbed now?".

Other times she'll sprint in and instead of jumping will perform a sideways roll across the room and give you the same look.

In the house they have those doors with the glass panelling in them in the kitchen and living room. If closed into a room she'll jump up against the door constantly. She's a tiny dog but her hind legs easily clear 4 foot when she jumps up against the door and she'll do it for hours if no-one opens the door. So bad for her legs but she just won't stop.

If she comes into the room when you're sitting on the couch watching the tv she'll jump up behind you onto the top of the back of the couch and sit there draped across your shoulders like a scarf.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

One I have noticed recently is when we play fetch with the dog and he cannot find the stick or ball his tail wags so fast it looks like he may we take off into flight. But damn it, he will find that stick eventually. The nose stays down and the tails wags non stop. Its great, as he is absolutely knackered when we bring him home after it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Our little madam won't really eat unless we are all eating together. She'll pick at her food, but if we're at the table she will wolf it down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

The first time this happened I thought it was a once off and laughed. Now I'm thinking of investing in baby wipe shares.

When we're out for our evening walk, Jess will find a nice patch of grass and do a wee. She'll then turn around to sniff the spot... and at the same time Henry will lift his leg and wee where she wee'd. I've lost track of the number of times I've had to wipe poor Jess's head clean when we get home. The fact that she's mostly white only makes things worse. :D :rolleyes:

I am pie wrote: »
    Our little madam won't really eat unless we are all eating together. She'll pick at her food, but if we're at the table she will wolf it down.

My little prince is the opposite. When he's eating, we have to leave the kitchen as he hates people watching him at his bowl. The cat was the same too. He used to glare at me when I put his bowl down as if to say 'You have served your purpose. You may go now!' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

Where do I start with my dog...:P

Since he was a pup he's had an issue with things touching him (excluding ppl). The first time I put a collar on him, when he was a pup, he freaked out and starting running around frantically while screeching before headbutting a wall. He's a little better now though he dreads having his collar or harness put on him.

When we're out walking he won't allow the lead to touch his back and he'll practically walk perpendicular to the lead just to avoid it touching off him. He also has a strange fascination with paths in that once we start to cross the road he'll drag me to the nearest path even if it's not in the direction I intend to go. If there's a cycle path next to the path whether it level or not he'll walk on it for a few minutes before returning to the path.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Seeing the food related ones reminded me of another...

Big dog eats faster than little dog, and if we leave the kitchen he follows when done.
    Little dog then walks in a spits a mouthful of nuts on the floor and casually eats them one by one until all gone, then goes back for more, until she's all done.
    She has done this since a puppy, hates being left alone with her dinner, but I am always amazed how much she fits in her mouth.

My fella also has issues with things touching him (this extends to some adults but never kids), if something like a tea towel drops on him he runs upstairs and sulks, cat toy hit him and he ran upstairs to my bed, I bumped him with the door and he legged it. Sometimes you only have to drop something and he's hiding on the top of stairs!
    Some people he will not stand and let them say hi, even if I tell him too, but any kid is welcome. He will wrap himself around my legs or nearly pull my arm off to run the other way with some people.

Just to add, he isn't a nervous dog really, just freaks at things sometimes, he really is an odd ball.
    Oh and he loves brass bands!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Since this thread started ive been 'noticing' more about their behaviour, this morning I realised that our jrt will indicate she wants to go out, so I go to the back door and open it at which point she goes and hides under the table and just looks at me, in the meantime our collie will leg it from the bedroom to make it outside before the door closes. I close the door at which point Tara runs to the back door and waits for me to open it again!

Rusty has also started barking at the rain / storms, his dad used to do it as well and woukd often spend ages running up and down the field barking before the storm would start.

I look forward to noticing more odd behaviours:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

The first time this happened I thought it was a once off and laughed. Now I'm thinking of investing in baby wipe shares.

When we're out for our evening walk, Jess will find a nice patch of grass and do a wee. She'll then turn around to sniff the spot... and at the same time Henry will lift his leg and wee where she wee'd. I've lost track of the number of times I've had to wipe poor Jess's head clean when we get home. The fact that she's mostly white only makes things worse. :D :rolleyes:

I have the same problem except when the female is peeing, the male sticks his head straight under her to sniff before she's even finished!! I carry baby wipes at all times now! At least they're both black though.

My dog and my uncles dog when there walked together and exercised together always have a peeing competition with each other and the two will pee on the one spot one after the other for 15 mins if they were let they just won't stop and neither will let the other have the last pee! Where does it all come from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

our dog does this with a little fella she meets in the park. We call it the peepee dance. She pees a little, he sniffs it, pees, she sniffs that, pees again...its mesmerising..in a weird disgusting sort of way haha. She even cocks her leg now! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

My dog and my uncles dog when there walked together and exercised together always have a peeing competition with each other and the two will pee on the one spot one after the other for 15 mins if they were let they just won't stop and neither will let the other have the last pee! Where does it all come from?
    cant believe im not the only one!! hurrah my dog is not a freak! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement