Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMPT

Options
  • 04-12-2012 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

Seriously considering doing this course next year, went to the open day but sure those things are always biased. Looking for anyone doing it now and their opinions of it? Hugely into music and all but want a good degree rather than studying something for the hell of it. Looking at around 500 points in the LC. Any info on what the modules are like? How well qualified you actually are at the end of it? Anything else i should be aware of?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

It is not a practical course, it is mostly theory. There are quite a few threads on here about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭patakadarragh

Yeah I looked, couldn't really find an answer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

The course has a misleading name - there is a lot more than Music Technology in the course: Programming, Video-Making, Electronics, even a small bit of first-year psychology to throw you off kilter. It's a very interesting course though, if you can get over all that.

OhMSGlive wrote: »
    The course has a misleading name - there is a lot more than Music Technology in the course: Programming, Video-Making, Electronics, even a small bit of first-year psychology to throw you off kilter. It's a very interesting course though, if you can get over all that.

Yeah cool that's what I'm looking for, something broad anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭CJKeane

This course is so broad there's no chance of getting a job from it... (I'm a fourth year)

• Advertisement

Post grad narrow down?

Advertisement