Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

amazing broadband/home phone deal from Sky!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Sky until you die

Nothing to do with MySky, use the number and say you missed a call from them.

You need your UAN - this can be found on your eircom phone bill or third page of your vodafone bill, its an 8 digit number

Lines will close at 9pm and all callers after that will be told to callback tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

Rang this evening 5 minute phone call now saving 42 euro a month from eircom. Unlimited broadband and off peak landline calls €10 per month. Broadband can't be any worse than I have and don't use the phone. It's a no brainer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

i just know. Take it from me. The offer will come to an end by Friday at 9pm

Funny that you are so definite. The guy who rang me told me that the offers were finishing tomorrow (Wed) at 8.00pm.

It's a def no brainer! Orders will be unable to be processed after 9pm.

Call again tomorrow, the lines shouldnt be that busy and even if they are - It's worth the wait!!

• Advertisement

Funny that you are so definite. The guy who rang me told me that the offers were finishing tomorrow (Wed) at 8.00pm.

Its a sales pitch?

Ring the number so after 9pm and see will they process the order?

Orders will not go through past Friday and the free line rental offer is a trial for the launch. This will be gone after this week and people will be kicking themselves!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Do ya have to have a phone line ?

km79 wrote: »
    Do ya have to have a phone line ?

Yeah, I'm in a contract with Eircom though, I signed up not so long ago.

Sky are gonna blow Eircom out of the water!! Best thing for us is that the others should lower their prices along the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Yeah, I'm in a contract with Eircom though, I signed up not so long ago.

Sky are gonna blow Eircom out of the water!! Best thing for us is that the others should lower their prices along the way.
    Don't have one :( will they ever do it via satellite I wonder ....

km79 wrote: »
    Don't have one :( will they ever do it via satellite I wonder ....

No they wont to be honest, they will look to provide lines down the road and activate Eircom lines that are disconnected.

The current offer is to trial it and get people on board, test the waters so to speak.

There still looking for another 400 - 500 customers by Friday before 9pm

You must be a Sky TV customer to avail of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Does anyone know would I have time to reconnect my eircom line and tomorrow and give sky a call before the offer ends?

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭skydish79

No they wont to be honest, they will look to provide lines down the road and activate Eircom lines that are disconnected.

The current offer is to trial it and get people on board, test the waters so to speak.

There still looking for another 400 - 500 customers by Friday before 9pm

You must be a Sky TV customer to avail of it.

If you join sky tv tomorrow can you avail of the phone offer?

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Does anyone know would I have time to reconnect my eircom line and tomorrow and give sky a call before the offer ends?

If you reconnect the eircom line, my understanding is that you are then in a contract and they will look to charge you an early termination charge top quit and join Sky. Ring them and find out if you are re-commiting to a contract?

The offer will never be as good again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Eircon will make you sign a 12 month contract apparently. Magnet allow 1 month sign ups though if you can get them.

Read ^ on other thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Gee_G

I thought this was a great offer and I was waiting for the call but it seems they don't do any mobile minutes included in their packages. For my €55(I actually can't remember if it's more than that or not), I get 90mobile minutes.
    Also, if you're breaking a contract with different company what's the fee dOes anyone know?

skydish79 wrote: »
    If you join sky tv tomorrow can you avail of the phone offer?

you cant, an engineer will need to be booked and that will take at least a few days to a week. By the time your box is installed the offer will end.

There will be more offers down the road but not as good as this!

Gee_G wrote: »
    I thought this was a great offer and I was waiting for the call but it seems they don't do any mobile minutes included in their packages. For my €55(I actually can't remember if it's more than that or not), I get 90mobile minutes.
    Also, if you're breaking a contract with different company what's the fee dOes anyone know?

No mobile minutes but thats what your mobile is for, No?

Mobile to mobile and landline to landline after 7pm until 7am and you will be fine.

No provider is offering free line rental, €10 unlimited BB and a talk package where you can phone 20 very popular destinations around the world for €7.50 per month, If its available in your area, you are looking at €17.50 per month fro 12 months - happy days!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Gee_G

No mobile minutes but thats what your mobile is for, No?

Mobile to mobile and landline to landline after 7pm until 7am and you will be fine.

No provider is offering free line rental, €10 unlimited BB and a talk package where you can phone 20 very popular destinations around the world for €7.50 per month, If its available in your area, you are looking at €17.50 per month fro 12 months - happy days!!!!
    That would be what my mobile was for if I had even a small bit of coverage where I live!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Eircon will make you sign a 12 month contract apparently. Magnet allow 1 month sign ups though if you can get them.

Read ^ on other thread.
    AFAIK I am on a magnet llu but I suspect by the time the line is active this offer will be over. May do some enquiring in the morning though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Its a sales pitch?

Ring the number so after 9pm and see will they process the order?

Orders will not go through past Friday and the free line rental offer is a trial for the launch. This will be gone after this week and people will be kicking themselves!!

I'm already done & dusted. See my post no 309 on page 21 of this forum. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

skintiam wrote: »
    This is probably the road I'll have to go down too, is it the €45 a month broadband only option? How long would you have to stay with magnet then before you can switch to sky do you know? And is there any other costs involved besides the monthly amounts?

It says by my address the only service I can get is €58.99 but for me its well worth it if you can get a line connected and not have to sign a stupid long contract with eircom at a high rate ;) Its a month to month contract and says you're free to cancel at any time

Rang Sky tonight and got them to sign up the landline for Broadband unlimited and always on calls during the day. She said it was €17.50 p/m . I jumped at the offer because I was expecting it to be €27.50 because someone said something about different exchanges. I've logged into My Sky tonight and all details are there and all, line rental, broadband unlimited etc. Pity I dont have a line connected in time for Friday and take up the offer myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭long_b

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    . Pity I dont have a line connected in time for Friday and take up the offer myself
    Huh ? No phone line = no broadband = no offer ?

long_b wrote: »
    Huh ? No phone line = no broadband = no offer ?

I ordered the parents services tonight but was looking into getting them myself in my own house. Its a new build, less than two years old and I never had a phone line so theres no active line for Sky at the moment to provide me with broadband

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Signed up on monday evening and my vodafone connection is dead this morning ...
    Modem log show that WAN link is deactivated so hoping to get Skyhub soon , or does somebody know the user name / password to connect ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Vico1612 wrote: »
    Signed up on monday evening and my vodafone connection is dead this morning ...
    Modem log show that WAN link is deactivated so hoping to get Skyhub soon , or does somebody know the user name / password to connect ?

They told me there would be no interruption in service, so i dont think you should have a dead connection now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭cullenswood

piratebay is one.

Yeah, luckily this is not blocked in Ireland. I got this confirmed before I signed up!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭clusk007

just off the phone with them. Unlimited broadband with unlimited evening and weekend calls for only €10 a month, jumped at the deal!
    Eircom was costing me €55 a month for 3mb, ridiculous so chuffed with sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

clusk007 wrote: »
    just off the phone with them. Unlimited broadband with unlimited evening and weekend calls for only €10 a month, jumped at the deal!
    I was told that I'd be getting that too.. yet my e-mail confirmation says Sky Broadband Unlimited for a tenner, and then a euro for Sky Talk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭clusk007

mine says the same but not going to lose sleep over it! fantastic deal

Oh yeah.. I know..

.. just thought it was strange that €10 was the amount quoted on the phone for the package yet this €1 popped into the confirmation.

Anyone else who availed of the €10 deal have this?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭J@yK@y

Basq wrote: »
    Oh yeah.. I know..

.. just thought it was strange that €10 was the amount quoted on the phone for the package yet this €1 popped into the confirmation.

Anyone else who availed of the €10 deal have this?

Yes. I got the €10 broadband and €7.50 anytime phone. I am also seeing this extra €1 charge. Not worried about it, still a lot cheaper than Eircom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,324 ✭✭✭✭muffler

From reading other posts people have asked Sky about the additional €1 charge and apparently it will be knocked off the bill. They probably charge the one euro initially to secure payment from credit cards etc

muffler wrote: »
    From reading other posts people have asked Sky about the additional €1 charge and apparently it will be knocked off the bill. They probably charge the one euro initially to secure payment from credit cards etc
    Could be it alright muffler..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Vico1612

The 1 Euro is for Sky Talk , I also missed that on the phone but here's the mail ...

Sky Broadband Unlimited, which offers speeds as fast as your line will go and totally unlimited usage - ....

Sky Talk - fantastic calling features at your fingertips

Sky Talk Anytime which offers unlimited1 calls to Irish landlines and unlimited calls to 20 popular international destinations including calls to USA, New Zealand and Australia. So your new package really does offer you all you need to keep you connected.

This does not include any offers that may be applicable. These will be reflected in your Sky bill when the products are active.

Sky Broadband Unlimited €10.00
    Sky Talk €1.00
    Sky Talk Anytime €7.50

• Advertisement

Vico1612 wrote: »
    The 1 Euro is for Sky Talk , I also missed that on the phone but here's the mail ...
    Yeah.. but what I mean is I was told on that it was "Unlimited Broadband and evening and weekend calls to landlines for €10 extra a month".

I'm not gonna demand retribution over a euro for a Talk Package, but the conversation did not mention it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,011 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Basq wrote: »
    Yeah.. but what I mean is I was told on that it was "Unlimited Broadband and evening and weekend calls to landlines for €10 extra a month".

I'm not gonna demand retribution over a euro for a Talk Package, but the conversation did not mention it.

it's just a charge for the talk, they said they had to put down a charge, but it is credited the next month, so you never really are paying the €1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

All i want is broadband any idea what the price is and has anyone a number for sky :D:D

Carpenter wrote: »
    All i want is broadband any idea what the price is and has anyone a number for sky :D:D

0818 719895 is the number, you have to have a sky account, and a phone line with no current contract on that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

I'm miffed.

Why am I getting billed (as are some others) @ €27.50 per month, yet others are saying €17.50?

/gets boxing gloves ready.....

• Advertisement

2smiggy wrote: »
    0818 719895 is the number, you have to have a sky account, and a phone line with no current contract on that

I have all that so what am I looking @ price wise :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12 69C

just off phone from rep - the service is not availilble to non sky customers at the moment, but it will be after the trial is finished. The Service is due to be launched officially in March allegedly. I assume at higher prices.:( Stuck with vodafone for now.

ring and they will offer you the different packages available. i went with free evening calls for €0 and unlimited 5MB broadband for €10 a month. Although some are getting quoted €20 for broadband, might have to do with distance from exchanges ??? i'm in the dark really !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Ghandee wrote: »
    I'm miffed.

Why am I getting billed (as are some others) @ €27.50 per month, yet others are saying €17.50?

Different exchange so different prices. I accepted the €27.50 one as I'm rural and they said it costs more to run the rural lines than urban lines. Still saving a wedge of money.

69C wrote: »
    just off phone from rep - the service is not availilble to non sky customers at the moment, but it will be after the trial is finished. The Service is due to be launched officially in March allegedly. I assume at higher prices.:( Stuck with vodafone for now.

hardy expect them to pay the line rental for you and give very cheap broadband if you haven't a sky account. they are no doubt taking a loss with the broadband, but making the money back with the tv packages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭T-Bird

The 1 Euro charge is for Eircom rental, but I was told that it gets credited back to the account and they pay the 1 Euro to Eircom.

Just signed up, I'm in the "connect area" probably means low standard broadband as im not near big town (Sligo in my case) that gets fast broadband.

Prices are more expensive, but less than what I was paying for with Vodafone.

Unlimited Broadband 20.00
    Unlimited talk is 7.50 (this includes international calls, didnt remember countries, but US mobiles were free?)
    Line rental charges in full will be after 12 Months.

Because of the savings I then called 0818-719819 touch dials 4&3 to talk direct.
    Upgraded subscription to HD for extra 5 Euro a month (special offer for 12 months)
    Ordered the 2TB HD box (total charge including installation 79.00 Euro).

For me, all in all it works out about 15 Euro cheaper per month :-).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭SQ2

Thanks OP, saving approx 600 a year on this!! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Ghandee wrote: »
    I'm miffed.

If you not in a LLU exchange then it's €20 for the broadband as opposed to €10 in an unbundled exchange.

:D:D:D Just went with them 10 euro a month (We never us the phone anyway)=120 each year.
    Eircom were 60 euro a month =720 each year :mad:

And the nice lady gave us 25 euro credit as well NICE 1 SKY

Anyone want to buy a eircom router :D

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Awake&Unafraid

Posted in another thread, but does anyone know if I rang up and ordered the broadband and phone, would sky switch my landline back on? We left eircom last year.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement